Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been toying with this idea for nearly a year now, I've always loved drag racing and would love to get properly into it, the only issue is what car to get to do it in, I currently use my Fiesta ST, but only one or two RWYB days, mainly because it's my daily and I don't want it to go bang on me

I'd say a budget of around a few k to start with, don't want to go into the deep end with a 10k plus car and pop the engine after a week :nope: I was looking at something like a Jag XJR (4.2 supercharged), or I could go a totally different route and have a small engined turbo car

But... There's always a but... I have no garage/drive to work on said car, I only have my backyard, which I don't think my mother would be best pleased if I plonked a car on the yard and it decided to leak petrol and oil everywhere :facepalm:

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Other option is buy something light like a corsa B for 600 or 800 and go to arden performance and have them put a saab b204 engine in I think the conversation costs £2000 drive in drive out.

Those engines are very easy tuned easily see around 280bhp with basic mods like exhaust and map and in a car so light it should go well. Also the corsa should be an easy enough car to sell once you've had your fun and you'll get your money back no probs

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Other option is buy something light like a corsa B for 600 or 800 and go to arden performance and have them put a saab b204 engine in I think the conversation costs £2000 drive in drive out.

Those engines are very easy tuned easily see around 280bhp with basic mods like exhaust and map and in a car so light it should go well. Also the corsa should be an easy enough car to sell once you've had your fun and you'll get your money back no probs
Just dropped em a message, I'll see what they say, thanks for the suggestion, never heard of them before :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.