Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the car on a rolling road today at ecotune, after a couple of warm up runs they stoped it and told me my car was running "lean dangerously lean" was told by the owner they suggested a fuel pump was failing. Took it to a local garage same day they tested fuel pressure on a test drive on full boost was slowly loosing roughly 7psi until throtel was shut and then raised back to 55psi from the fuel rail through a fuel pressure gauge and by the cars fuel pressure sensor. Ecotune said the air fuel ratio was above 16:1 does anyone know if this drop in fuel pressure cause this high air/fuel ratio? Car is completely standard apart from cobra cat/back exhaust.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Prob not the greatest of help , but I had the same on my Subaru Impreza , had to halt my mapping on RR , I swapped the fuel pump out for a walbro high pressure one on the day as mapper had spare , problem solved .
I know it's not an RS but gave the exact symptoms you have .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.