Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you do a poll on here as im rubbish on computers,just thought it may be interesting to see what age groups are going for the new rs,does it just appeal to the oldies like me? do the youngsters prefer the wilder looks of the current one? etc

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Let's start this one off! Not many older than me on here (at least in terms of age!) and I'm WILD! WILD! WILD! about the MK2 but the MK3 leaves me disappointed, disillusioned and desperate for a car that shouts at me, snarls and looks the business. Not for me I'm afraid (as an RS purist) and I'll keep dreaming of the advent of the Fiesta RS. Mechanical spec of the MK3 is impressive but that external appearance is dire.

·
Premium Member
Alb (Mk2 MP350)
3,051 Posts
You are best waiting till deliveries start so you can aim the poll at actual owners.

As a matter of interest, I ran a poll on STOC aimed at Mk3 owners specifically, and one of the more interesting facts to arise was the fact that for more than two thirds, it was their first ST (meaning for most that they were also new club members).

If this is reflected in the RS world, it may well be that the majority of future owners haven't even joined the club yet.

·
Forum midget
3,953 Posts
I'm 50 y/o and it's growing on me...slowly. At the end of the day it would cost very little to add bonnet vents, flare the arches and widened the skirts a little.....that would do it for me I think.....perhaps a beter choice of colours too

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I'm on my first RS and I'm old too !, but I won't buy the mk3, as already said it looks to ordinary, yes 4wd would be nice but in the real world, for me at least, how much would I notice it ?, sure it would be great for track days etc but that not enough for me, I want the visual impact and that's what the mk2 does.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Rather than comparing it with the mk2 (as we all know that it looks much better than the mk3 as it has a custom Body), how about we compare it against the competition.

The latest Civic Type R is the only hot hatch with anything resembling custom Body work but they have cut major corners from the concept due to cost.

Overall, when you compare it against its competiton, it is still the best.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Rather than comparing it with the mk2 (as we all know that it looks much better than the mk3 as it has custom Body), how about we compare it against the competition.

The latest Civic Type R is the only hot hatch with anything resembling custom Body work but they have cut major corners from the concept due to cost.

Overall, when you compare it against its competiton, it is still the best.
Agree that it is the best of a comparably poor bunch but the market is screaming out for something that SHOUTS!! and SCREAMS!! at you. So disheartening and disappointing!

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
I'm 31, going on 60 (so i'm told!) and I LOVE the Mk2 RS; Mk3 RS sounds a cracking package, but it just doesn't do it for me... ;)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Sadly the looks do not it for me at all. Even seeing in person i personally thought it was so dull too look at. Performance wise though it is very impressive, but sadly its lack of road presence spoils it for me.

I'm 23 so i still like in your face cars :smile:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.