Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,
My original Conti tires burst yesterday, after the battery went dead the day before :-(
The tires were about five years old, and they were cracking inside. Front right tire burst while I was on express way, but luckily I wasn't going fast. I only did 15,000miles on them.

Had to toll the car to the nearest tire shop, and they only have Pirelli PZero with the correct size for the wheel. So I had no choice, but to take them. Just wonder if anyone had any experience with these tires? Are they good or bad comparing to the original Conti Sport that came with the car?

Any comment is much appreciated guys!

Thanks again,

Danai

·
Registered
958 Posts
Had PZeros on my 911 and they lasted very well - managed to get about 9,000 miles and five track days out of them.

They never inspired confidence though, always felt that they lacked composure when pushing on. Have Bridgestones on the Cayman R which feel infinitely better, but will probably switch those to Michelin Cup 2s when they're done.

Run Michelin Super Sports on the RS and wouldn't use anything else.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had PZeros on my 911 and they lasted very well - managed to get about 9,000 miles and five track days out of them.
They never inspired confidence though, always felt that they lacked composure when pushing on. Have Bridgestones on the Cayman R which feel infinitely better, but will probably switch those to Michelin Cup 2s when they're done.
Run Michelin Super Sports on the RS and wouldn't use anything else.
Thanks, Draven. Will keep Michelin Super Sport in mind the next tire changing time around!

Cheers,
Danai

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you look on here there is a previous thread about the Pzero's.. something to do with where the bar codes are located gives you torque steer and I can confirm this is 100% correct. They are the worst tyre I have had on my RS.

However if you have purchased them brand new they may have rectified this problem.

Yoko AD08 would be my first choice, closely followed by Pilot Super Sports. However the new continental SP 5 is earning favourable reviews and my cousin has them on his Megane and says that they are superb.

·
Registered
602 Posts
If you look on here there is a previous thread about the Pzero's.. something to do with where the bar codes are located gives you torque steer and I can confirm this is 100% correct. They are the worst tyre I have had on my RS.

However if you have purchased them brand new they may have rectified this problem.

Yoko AD08 would be my first choice, closely followed by Pilot Super Sports. However the new continental SP 5 is earning favourable reviews and my cousin has them on his Megane and says that they are superb.
Do you have a link to the thread as I can't find it.

I do agree though I noticed more torque steer once I fitted pzeros.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I bought it brand new, and it is from this year 2015 production. Hopefully, they rectified the problem. I couldn't find the tread you are referring to by searching the word " PZero " Will be great to know the link and read up about this issue.
Thanks,
Danai

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried looking at the outside of the tire wall, but I can't find any bar code! Anyone knows where is this problematic bar code?

Danai

·
Registered
671 Posts
It's the barcodes on the edge of the side wall. They also cause the tyre to deflate in cases as well. May find it hard to Belive but it unstables the tyre. Pirelli have received hundreds back with the problem. Hope this helps :)
That's the reply on the thread it was called "pirelli pzero".

I have never looked elsewhere but to be honest I can say that the description of the symptoms given match mine perfectly. The car seems to wobble under acceleration sometimes.. never happened with my Michelin PS3's.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's the reply on the thread it was called "pirelli pzero".

I have never looked elsewhere but to be honest I can say that the description of the symptoms given match mine perfectly. The car seems to wobble under acceleration sometimes.. never happened with my Michelin PS3's.
Thanks ,James

1 - 14 of 14 Posts