Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Speaking to my Mrs. who's works in NHS Pharmacy, you need to raise this a warning / side effect ! Possibly can be done Yellow Card Scheme ( yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk ) and speak to your Dr. / practice nurse etc.
Clive
Will look in to Yellow card scheme , have rung practice asking for practice nurse to ring when she has a spare minute ------------------------------ she must still be very busy.

·
Registered
MK3 RS Frozen White
28 Posts
Reading your post I can see that you have no evidence other than coincidence and that a couple of members reported some issues.
Surely you can see this is no scientific basis for what you have asserted?
As for the effectiveness of the vaccination, all the evidence clearly points to its efficacy. The largest proportion of people with Covid in hospital are those who have not been vaccinated.
As for new variants, I am unsure what you are referring to as there do not seem to be any reports of such variants.
Why do i need evidence to prove to you? there is no name for this or what happened to me, the doctor have said themselfs its a side effect from the vaccine... By your logic everyone that suffers bad side effects from the vaccine its just "coincidence". There may be a scientific basis for whats happened to me but no one is going to talk about it as im just one person, the other fella that started the thread... Is his also coincidence.. Bit arrogant that mate. However if you truely want to educate yourself on the 100's of diseases and issues caused by the vaccine there is infact a list online with the number of cases that have been recorded for each disease, its very in-depth with diseases iv never even heard of. I think someone like you, will enjoy the stats. Might open your eyes.

Also unless you have been living under a rock, its been constantly all over the news since day one. The vaccine isnt effective again the indian varient. The virus is constantly changing and mutilating aswel... Rendering the vaccine less effective. Also most cases of people in the hospital are double jabbed. This information is free and easy to access if you use google. Im not going to argu with you because my intention isnt to change anyones mind. You seem on a mission to dis-credit what i said... What you dont seem to relise is.. This is my reality now..The fact your sat there saying this **** speaks bounds on your character. I have to walk around with 100s of floaters in my sight constantly. You have no idea how hard its been to adapt to it... I dont expect you to care, i understand that but really? you want a debate its clear.

If your really wanting a debate, ill be happy to prove you wrong on the likes of discord, much easier. Ill prove links with meta studies and show you the facts of the matter. Iv spend hours researching this AFTER i suffered ill effects from the vaccine. Im extremely far from alone mate. Iv got like 30 videos on my phone of people in hospital or partners of lost love ones from the vaccine's. Surely you have seen all the ball's palsy cases at the very least?

"The largest proportion of people with Covid in hospital are those who have not been vaccinated." This is not entirely true and iv got the stats to prove it.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I asked a while ago about changing from Levemir to Lantus as smaller doses of Lantus are just as effective as double the dose of Levemir ( 45 units Lantus = to 90 units Levemir ) .Told Lantus more expensive and issued to newly diagnosed patients , at same review asked about Libre, same answer prescribed for newly diagnosed .
What you were told is simply not true. My son is 25 and has been diabetic since he was 6. His control was quite good prior to the Libre change, but now its truly excellent. Not only that he's got right into carb counting which made us so happy for the long term.
The implication from your experience seems to be that the option available is more about where you are rather than the clinical need/benefit.
Keep pressing it costs nothing and might be of such a benefit.

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,446 Posts
try writing to your GP practice, Also Copy to CQC (care quality Commision - [email protected]) and your local Clinical Commisioning group for your area.

make sure you reference the NHS constitution and the fact that your treatment should be on an individual medical basis.

if you are friendly with your chemist ask them if they can tell you the prices of the two different treatments.

are there other benefits for the newer treatment, that you can make a case for in your circumstances as being beneficial to you?

·
Premium Member
William-RS Mk3
634 Posts
You have to fight all the way to get things off the NHS. We finally got the sensors on the NHS after the pain clinic physio wrote to the Diabetic clinic pointing out that my wife could no longer take blood samples as she is now partially paralised in her right hand. A month later the Diabetic clinic had a video call with my wife and sensors were immediately given. It seems crazy to me that the local practice, who know the patient, is not allowed to change the perscriptions. It took a year to get the Nova rapid as well, I did a spreadsheet with graph and gave it to the clinic and Nova rapid was given, they had been given hard data which would make them liable in court.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Just read this article written by a respiratory consultant and I'm seriously concerned. As the effectiveness of the vaccinations wane more and more people will be potentially in the unvaccinated category.
Scary. Please take heed and get the booster.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Nothing really much to add to this, seems there is lots of good information and all of it should be looked at and then you make your own choice,
Me - I was double jabbed as soon as I could be (aged 59), but in very good health :) 2nd jab was back in May 2021, so I should have been pretty well defended - I tested +tive at the end of October, (after a flight into and back from Czech Rep) - where there is a real anti vax mentality - mainly among the under 30s), anyway, I shook it off in about 4 days, didnt even feel too bad - thought it was just a mild cold, but then my taste and smell went ! and has yet to return, other than that - all as normal, getting my booster at the weekend,
For me the vaccine I think did what it was supposed to do, however a guy in my daughters group of friends (26 and running triathlons) developed inflammation of the heart - two weeks after his first jab, and has now been told he will need medication for the rest of his life and needs to take exercise very carefully and slowly - certainly NO triathlons !!!.
So - are these jabs safe, for most YES, but for SOME definitely NOT, its just another one of life's risks. Which on balance is a good risk, but there are a few who will suffer adverse effects of having them. Siye - sorry to hear the affect its had on your eyes, hopefully this will not be permanent.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Nothing really much to add to this, seems there is lots of good information and all of it should be looked at and then you make your own choice,
Me - I was double jabbed as soon as I could be (aged 59), but in very good health :) 2nd jab was back in May 2021, so I should have been pretty well defended - I tested +tive at the end of October, (after a flight into and back from Czech Rep) - where there is a real anti vax mentality - mainly among the under 30s), anyway, I shook it off in about 4 days, didnt even feel too bad - thought it was just a mild cold, but then my taste and smell went ! and has yet to return, other than that - all as normal, getting my booster at the weekend,
For me the vaccine I think did what it was supposed to do, however a guy in my daughters group of friends (26 and running triathlons) developed inflammation of the heart - two weeks after his first jab, and has now been told he will need medication for the rest of his life and needs to take exercise very carefully and slowly - certainly NO triathlons !!!.
So - are these jabs safe, for most YES, but for SOME definitely NOT, its just another one of life's risks. Which on balance is a good risk, but there are a few who will suffer adverse effects of having them. Siye - sorry to hear the affect its had on your eyes, hopefully this will not be permanent.
A very balanced and well thought-out post. On serious topics this is what we need more of.
As was pointed out we all have to make decisions on a daily basis, some are trivial, some are not. Its the none-trivial ones that can really make a difference to the rest of someone's life. Make those decisions using all the facts and information available for your own sake and of those you care about.
As has already been said "Siye - sorry to hear the affect its had on your eyes, hopefully this will not be permanent." I echo this.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts