Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first two jabs were A.Z had no issues at all with ether , had the booster 2 days ago , I am type 1 insulin dependant the Pfizer jab has caused me to have raised blood glucose levels , I am normally in the range of 3.5 - 7.0 before meals last four readings have been 22.6 22.4 22.1 22.8 have increased both Levemir and Nova rapid injections but made no difference. This morning had 28 units of Nova Rapid did not eat breakfast spent 40 minutes raking up leaves in the garden should have seen a decrease in B.G.s levels only dropped to 12.2, Anyone on here who is Insulin dependant and had Pfizer jabs had issues ?

·
Premium Member
William-RS Mk3
634 Posts
My wife is and we have had all three jabs of Pfizer plus flu, only a small increase was noted and she just uses Nova Rapid. We did ask about the effect having a jab in both arms would do to her sensor and they fetched a nurse who said it should have no effect on it reading correctly. If you use the sensor for your readings it may be worth a finger ***** check to make sure it's reading properly. One thing I have never got to the bottom of is why the identical sensor in the USA is only given a 10 day life but ours are given 2 weeks, they often start to read incorrectly before the 2 weeks is up!
Edit: The swear filter didn't like that!

·
Premium Member
William-RS Mk3
634 Posts
Wow, your fingers must be shot to bits! You are entitled to have the sensors on prescription which are free up here in Scotland but I guess you would have to pay the charge in England. They used not to issue them up here so I used to buy them at Asda Pharmacy who were cheaper than anyone else but still over £1000 per year. They transformed her care and now days as she has problems using her right hand she can read it easily herself with a mobile phone. She has changed her meter a couple of times but they have just issued her with the Libra one that can also read the sensor although she never uses it for that as it isn't as easy as her phone.
Your levels could change due to your immune system having to start up again after the jab particularly as the Pfizer one does work in a different way to the AZ one, almost like starting with the first jab.

·
Registered
MK3 RS Frozen White
28 Posts
I certainly wont be having my 3rd jab, ever since the both jabs iv had floaters in my eyesight constantly... its a living hell tbh, its not just a couple that normal people might get.. its hundreds of them. There is nothing they can do either been in and out hospital.

Its funny, they give me the astrazeneca jab then came out and said i shouldnt have had it because of my age and blood clots... Now they want to pump me with another vaccine of a different brand even after my eye issues. They can stick it! Even if the vaccine it effective, were does it stop? Will they want a 4th and a 5th jab?

Ill just continue to be cautious of it, not having the 3rd. I regret taking mine, even though most are fine. Its still russian roulette.. your body is a temple. I regret taking these jabs big time. Im not telling anyone what to do... but if your perfectly healthy with zero health issues dont be taking this ****.

·
Premium Member
Mk3 RS Frozen White, 2017
1,909 Posts
My first two jabs were A.Z had no issues at all with ether , had the booster 2 days ago , I am type 1 insulin dependant the Pfizer jab has caused me to have raised blood glucose levels , I am normally in the range of 3.5 - 7.0 before meals last four readings have been 22.6 22.4 22.1 22.8 have increased both Levemir and Nova rapid injections but made no difference. This morning had 28 units of Nova Rapid did not eat breakfast spent 40 minutes raking up leaves in the garden should have seen a decrease in B.G.s levels only dropped to 12.2, Anyone on here who is Insulin dependant and had Pfizer jabs had issues ?
Speaking to my Mrs. who's works in NHS Pharmacy, you need to raise this a warning / side effect ! Possibly can be done Yellow Card Scheme ( yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk ) and speak to your Dr. / practice nurse etc.
Clive

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
My son is type 1 and had a Pfizer booster with no real issues. Just an aside on Diabetes, have you been offered the Libre sensor option for blood glucose monitoring? My son (25) went on that system about 2 years ago and it transformed his approach and levels. Might be worth investigating?

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I certainly wont be having my 3rd jab, ever since the both jabs iv had floaters in my eyesight constantly... its a living hell tbh, its not just a couple that normal people might get.. its hundreds of them. There is nothing they can do either been in and out hospital.

Its funny, they give me the astrazeneca jab then came out and said i shouldnt have had it because of my age and blood clots... Now they want to pump me with another vaccine of a different brand even after my eye issues. They can stick it! Even if the vaccine it effective, were does it stop? Will they want a 4th and a 5th jab?

Ill just continue to be cautious of it, not having the 3rd. I regret taking mine, even though most are fine. Its still russian roulette.. your body is a temple. I regret taking these jabs big time. Im not telling anyone what to do... but if your perfectly healthy with zero health issues dont be taking this ****.
This is the type of attitude which ensures we will continue to struggle against Covid for the foreseeable future. Without vaccines we would still have numerous diseases killing countless people. Have you thought about that?
Your attitude is very selfish IMHO!

·
Registered
MK3 RS Frozen White
28 Posts
This is the type of attitude which ensures we will continue to struggle against Covid for the foreseeable future. Without vaccines we would still have numerous diseases killing countless people. Have you thought about that?
Your attitude is very selfish IMHO!
My attitude is selfish? Which part mate? The part where my life is partially ruined due to the vaccine or is it the other dude thats also having health issues after the vaccine? ALSO have you thought about what diseases i might have? I was one of the first to get the vaccine... and COVID WOULD MOST CERTAINLY KILL ME.

WAS IT WORTH IT FOR ME AND THESE EYE ISSUES... NO WAY!

Iv had my two vaccines, far from selfish mate. Get a grip, there is risks to everything, mine didnt pay off.

ARE YOU REALLY SUGGESTING AFTER CONSTANTLY IN AND OUT OF HOSPITAL WITH FLOATERS AND CATARACTS IN MY EYES WHEN IM PERFECTLY HEALTHY OTHERWISE... THAT I SHOULD GO TAKE ANOTHER VACCINE????? SORT IT OUT PAL IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE MYSELF GO BLIND.

Funny thing is mate, if it happened to you... Be a totally different story.. I wouldnt have mentioned my issues but since the other guy is having health problems too. I thought id share mine.... But you dont care about my health do you? Clearly i was never anti vax when iv had both my jabs.

I wont be taking the 3rd. I wish everyone all the best health... Thats why im sharing my experience. I am FAR from selfish.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
In your post you say that only afterwards were you told about not having the Astrazeneca vaccination. Surely that is a failure of the system rather than the vaccination? Perhaps the surgery or location where you were vaccinated?
How can you be certain the vaccination is responsible for the eye problem you have developed?
Since the third vaccination is either the Pfizer or Moderna why not reconsider?
In sharing your story, had you considered the likelihood that you may influence someone else and put them in even greater danger?
You say yourself that "its Russian roulette"; I would say that applies to a far greater extent to contracting Covid than having a vaccination designed to help prevent death as a result.

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
I hope they offer the booster across the board in terms of age range; they've just announced the 40+ age group are now eligible, which suggests to me that (in time) they'll drop it even lower, and it seems logical that for those that are younger and had their jabs later, a booster will be offered in a month or two... I had my 2nd dose in July, so I would imagine my level of cover will need boosting in the new year! 🤞😎

·
Registered
MK3 RS Frozen White
28 Posts
In your post you say that only afterwards were you told about not having the Astrazeneca vaccination. Surely that is a failure of the system rather than the vaccination? Perhaps the surgery or location where you were vaccinated?
How can you be certain the vaccination is responsible for the eye problem you have developed?
Since the third vaccination is either the Pfizer or Moderna why not reconsider?
In sharing your story, had you considered the likelihood that you may influence someone else and put them in even greater danger?
You say yourself that "its Russian roulette"; I would say that applies to a far greater extent to contracting Covid than having a vaccination designed to help prevent death as a result.
I can be certain because i had no issues before hand, its not a coincidence. I took the Astrazeneca, which caused this... Plus it was only after i took it i was warned i was too young and could get blood clots. Now they want to give me a 3rd jab which would be Pifizer.

There is 2 people on this very forum which is barely active this time of year lets be honest, saying they have issues... I know many people having bad side effects from the vaccine.. Your going to tell me its not comparable to russian roulette? You have one life and one body, its CHANCE that you dont get bad side effects.

If you look at the latest stats.... the jabs are not as effective as once thought and dont protect against new varients. Its not as clear cut as take the vaccine and all is good. The amount of people that have got auto immune disease just from the vaccine is unreal.

Im not anti vaxer nor am i some conspiracy nut job. Normal healthy people with healthy immune systems should not be taking it. The vax is no holy grail and the goverment dont care about you or anyone. It takes something like this for me to come to that realisation. Though i wish everyone well.. including you.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
My attitude is selfish? Which part mate? The part where my life is partially ruined due to the vaccine or is it the other dude thats also having health issues after the vaccine? ALSO have you thought about what diseases i might have? I was one of the first to get the vaccine... and COVID WOULD MOST CERTAINLY KILL ME.

WAS IT WORTH IT FOR ME AND THESE EYE ISSUES... NO WAY!

Iv had my two vaccines, far from selfish mate. Get a grip, there is risks to everything, mine didnt pay off.

ARE YOU REALLY SUGGESTING AFTER CONSTANTLY IN AND OUT OF HOSPITAL WITH FLOATERS AND CATARACTS IN MY EYES WHEN IM PERFECTLY HEALTHY OTHERWISE... THAT I SHOULD GO TAKE ANOTHER VACCINE????? SORT IT OUT PAL IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE MYSELF GO BLIND.

Funny thing is mate, if it happened to you... Be a totally different story.. I wouldnt have mentioned my issues but since the other guy is having health problems too. I thought id share mine.... But you dont care about my health do you? Clearly i was never anti vax when iv had both my jabs.

I wont be taking the 3rd. I wish everyone all the best health... Thats why im sharing my experience. I am FAR from selfish.
No response?

It would be worth knowing your feelings about the questions I raised.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Reading your post I can see that you have no evidence other than coincidence and that a couple of members reported some issues.
Surely you can see this is no scientific basis for what you have asserted?
As for the effectiveness of the vaccination, all the evidence clearly points to its efficacy. The largest proportion of people with Covid in hospital are those who have not been vaccinated.
As for new variants, I am unsure what you are referring to as there do not seem to be any reports of such variants.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My son is type 1 and had a Pfizer booster with no real issues. Just an aside on Diabetes, have you been offered the Libre sensor option for blood glucose monitoring? My son (25) went on that system about 2 years ago and it transformed his approach and levels. Might be worth investigating?
I asked a while ago about changing from Levemir to Lantus as smaller doses of Lantus are just as effective as double the dose of Levemir ( 45 units Lantus = to 90 units Levemir ) .Told Lantus more expensive and issued to newly diagnosed patients , at same review asked about Libre, same answer prescribed for newly diagnosed .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts