Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Seemingly not, haven't read anything anywhere. At IAA I guess, maybe some press test shortly before, we'll see.

Only thing I've seen where assumptions about a 4.5 ish 0-60 and a 270 km/h (168 mph) top speed which was according to some insider in saarlouis (take it with a grain of salt obviously).

Seeing how the Type R is rated the same and the RS3 even higher those figures should not be much of a problem tho.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It would also need to beat every other hatches (well the powerful AWD ones) acceleration to be sub 4.5, since the RS is manual after all.

·
Registered
769 Posts
It would also need to beat every other hatches (well the powerful AWD ones) acceleration to be sub 4.5, since the RS is manual after all.
That's a good point as well, a sub 4.5 manual would be fantastic and would say a lot about the car overall. My most important time is what it clocks at from a roll, say 40-100, 10-60 mph, that's my key

·
Registered
383 Posts
Exactly. I think in gear acceleration will be at least on par with the RS3 and the old A45, due to being lighter but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'm overall excited as I'll be moving from fiesta ST to this RS so the increase in bhp / torque will be interesting, it'll also be the most powerful car I've owned having only had a 1.2 Clio, 1.6 metal and my 1.6 ST

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
However it does have launch control - will that be using the manual gears?
So it's unlikely to do anything directly relating to the gearbox unlike a DSG, how could it, but, it could do things such as set the dampers to optimum settings for traction and perhaps pre engage the clutch packs on the rear axle to lose some or all of the 300ms (I think that was the figure mentioned earlier in the year) engagement time.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
I'm overall excited as I'll be moving from fiesta ST to this RS so the increase in bhp / torque will be interesting, it'll also be the most powerful car I've owned having only had a 1.2 Clio, 1.6 metal and my 1.6 ST
That's going to be a pretty good jump in almost every aspect there mate :nice: I've never had a go in one but the fiesta ST's are supposed to be a fun car though

I've been very lucky to have owned a few powerful cars so this time I'll be dropping a fair chuck in power etc... but I can't wait for it to come :yep:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Before I bought my ST I had a 100 BHP Megane diesel, I know what you mean :laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Garage Queens remember to never use launch control. I've noticed that cars are sold with this feature incur a premium resale price if they can claim they have never been 'launched' . Apparently the cpu keeps a record of this as a read only. How funny!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Launch control on the A45 is good but starting from nothing and keeping your foot planted is weirdly faster as you don't get any wheelspin.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Garage Queens remember to never use launch control. I've noticed that cars are sold with this feature incur a premium resale price if they can claim they have never been 'launched' . Apparently the cpu keeps a record of this as a read only. How funny!
They do keep a record and even disable the feature in some cars, like for some Audi's its 200 launches.

Read that on a Porsche forum I think, where someone complained that his Panamera or w/e was "only" able to do it 3000 times apparently :rofl:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.