Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I recently bought my Focus RS and like any car that most of us have bought there are some things that we would look to change and improve upon what we already have, so with this in mind either have or have on the way the following modifications in mind:

Front Recaro seat lower side covers with blue logos in place

Revo SPS switch to enable the switching of maps

Ford Climair Profi front window deflectors

Ford genuine painted reverse sensor (one is faulty and is causing the reverse camera to kick in and out I believe)

Pro Alloy cold air feed pipe - only to remove the now plugged Symposer hose which bugs the life out of me even though it's not essential

Pro Alloy cross over pipe - again not essential but I would like all the pipework to match

Pro Alloy header tank - just because I prefer the look of this over the standard item

Ford rear clear reverse lamp to remove the red rear fog lamp when used with a red LED bulb

Miltek resonated centre section - this is essential as the deresonated centre section drones at motorway speeds and gets on my nerves

Bryplates to tidy up the slam panel area of the front end

Replacement Anembo Engineering stickers for the intake plenum as for some strange reason they were removed and have left scratches and marks

I am also going to look at changing the wheels as well at some point in the coming months, I do like the standard wheels but I just feel there are better choices available, so that will be something I will look into and decide before the spring.

And finally the front end needs a respray due to stone chips and some mismatched paint, so better to bite the bullet and get the front end re-done rather than try to make the best of what is already there. Plus I will look into a clear vinyl protective wrap to help protect the front end for the future.

I have no doubt that I will look into other areas to improve, such as the speakers which to me don't seem up to much.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing much happened except the spending continues, I have ordered an AS stage 2 induction kit with blue hoses plus whilst I was on the phone to AS I ordered one of their header tanks in place of the Pro Alloy one I planned to order.

It was more to do with a impulse purchase over any other reason, I just wish I didn't look at other items whilst ordering the one item I actually intended to order.

There goes my replacement wheels for a while, but I did also pick up a set of McGard black locking wheel nuts this week - so off with the existing lock nuts (with their shotgun shell end caps) and I also replaced the red dice tyre valve caps with some Richbrook Ford RS items.

The bulk of my purchases will be fitted next weekend so I should have some nice pics to follow afterwards. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So yesterday saw the fitment of some of the modifcations that I have accumulated so far, some more left to source but I am in no rush as the car will be coming off the road soon when or if the bad weather we have been forecast arrives.

The Pro Alloy cross over pipe and AS stage 2 induction kit were fitted, a very tight fitment to be honest and this will have to be revisited when I take them off again in order to remove the engine upper plastics in order to get them repainted.

AS satin black header tank, an easy job to do although I did order the header tank cover but they sent me a cover for the factory cap which doesn't fit the item they supply you with their header tank, so that will have to be sent back for a replacement.

A continental rear fog light was fitted with a red LED bulb to replace the factory red fog light, plus a replacement reverse sensor was fitted as it was causing the reverse camera to kick in and out of operation.

A new bonnet stay was fitted as the car had a stay which had been painted gold which wasn't to my personal taste.

A set of Climair door window deflectors were fitted, plus a set of McGard locking wheel nuts.

Also does anyone know which K&N induction kit I had fitted? Only so that when I put it up for sale I can list it properly.

There a still a few more jobs to be done - the front end of the car needs painting and a tidy up, bonnet lifters need fitment and the Pro Alloy symposer delete pipe as well, but it was pointless doing these until the front end is stripped down for painting.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As an aside I might and I stress might be able to source a top of the range brushless fuel pump along with a modified fuel pump cradle for a very good price.

Through a friend of a friend, these fuel pumps are used on the Bugatti Veyron and are stupidly expensive to purchase, I'm awaiting the price and then I'll decide how to proceed.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not much as happened recently - I've got a Mountune gearstick gaitor/knob to fit plus a Recaro seat cover to be fitted.

I'm awaiting some carbon fibre seat side covers to come back from manufacture and my carbon Bry plates to be lacquered.

I've still got some more things I want to source, and tonight I bought a set of 5 Rota GTR 19" 9J wheels in black from a fellow member on here. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just bought the pro alloy header it comes with a jerry can type cap now as the black plastic ones were failing and all the caps are silver . I have had to send the cap to be powder coated black so the as tank may have been the better choice

·
Registered
460 Posts
The Rota GTR wheels I bought from Broxi1974 arrived yesterday, having put one against the car the satin black finish didn't 'do it' for me - in fact it looked lost in the arch, so now I've dropped them off with a mate who has his own bodyshop.

I'm going to have them refinished in hyper silver with a high gloss lacquer, a total opposite to the black but I think the wheels will look far better when they stand out against the car, he's busy at the moment but they won't need any repairs so I should have them on the car within two weeks.

I've also ordered a Disklok given the recent spare of thefts of RS's, I'd rather not become another statistic - any visible deterrent is better than none at all.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My reverse camera definitely needs renewal, it's FUBAR'd to the point that now if I get an image on my screen it's just the condensation inside the dome. I can't believe that Ford designed and allowed to carry on with such a poor design.

They've changed the part number again and it's probably been revised slightly but it's still an eye watering £233 inc VAT to me, that's dealer cost plus 10% as I have a good contact in my local Ford main dealer.

It's just a pity that there's no aftermarket alternative or better solution other than to keep cleaning the camera until it eventually needs renewing again.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts