Focus RS Forum banner
161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Wow, so long since I updated this thread

What with the Covid situation, this year's been lost to everyone, no meet up's, shows or runs in the Sun :nope:

I did manage in between restrictions to get the car out for it's 10th annual service (service, belts & water pump replacement)

We also got another years MOT issued, you've just got to love it when you get 'no advisories' :bow:

Now, the not so good news, this thread may be coming to an end :blink: :blink: :blink:

I decided to order a GR Yaris the other day, so I'm not too sure whether the :rs: will be a keeper or may be offered for sale later this year :wink: :facepalm:

Hopefully things will get better with travel restrictions, allowing us to enjoy a couple of meet up's or run out's in the summer, even if it's just to St Andrews for a bag of chips at the West Beach :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Good news on the MOT front Simon. I am tempted to get a GR but i am holding out till my pal gets his next month and see what all the fuss is about. Going off just about every review, it is a cracking little car. So much so, Toyota have allocated another 500 Uk cars. So not as exclusive as first thought.
What colour have you gone for?
White?
What delivery date have you been given? 2022?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Good news on the MOT front Simon. I am tempted to get a GR but i am holding out till my pal gets his next month and see what all the fuss is about. Going off just about every review, it is a cracking little car. So much so, Toyota have allocated another 500 Uk cars. So not as exclusive as first thought.
What colour have you gone for?
White?
What delivery date have you been given? 2022?
Hi Ady, how's it going, staying safe I hope

I went for Solid White, I was going for Pearl White but decided last minute it was too girly for a WRC based car :rofl:

Delivery, wait for it.....May 2022, or could come forward

Initial run for Homologation was 25k units I believe, Toyota would be mad if the demand is out there not to make more units, especially with the amount of work that went into this car

I thought you know what, no one is getting any younger, so just do it

This year has changed the way people look at things I'm sure

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yes all good here matey. Hope it's the same for you and your family.
I think the solid White is the more popular choice. The colour i would go for too. A long wait for you then. I have a few options to get one sooner as i know a few traders that have put bulk orders in that are due delivery this year.
As you say, if demand is there, then I'm sure Toyota will keep making them. Foolish not to, but no doubt eventually be governed by emissions etc etc.
I'm sure you won't have any problems selling your RS. It is a beauty.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Cheers, as you can see by the del date I'm in no hurry, but never say never :nope:

don't want to sell too quick the prices are rising :yep:

would you get the car off the dealers as a 0 owner car, I see a few for sale as 1 owner cars with a few K's mark up

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yes i would be the first registered owner. Prices are rising for the Rs, which is great news for owners. Very surprised if I'm honest. It was a wise purchase for you. ;-)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
I'll be getting the 11th service there in the next week or 2
MOT first though, the sidewalls on the tyres were starting to crack so I thought I'd better get some new rubber rather than fail on tyres which is a fairly common advisory / fail
The GR for a couple of hours, I'd never see it again you'd want to keep it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 · (Edited)
Car booked in for a service at the end of the week with Parks my local Ford Dealer - 11th Ford stamp
it's hardly turned a wheel since it's last visit to Parks, so I'm going to give it a few local runs before the service
Todays run: Home - Lindores Loch - Auchtermuchty - Newburgh and home (50 miles)
cracking day, the car's still a dream to drive and even better on the A and B roads
couple of pictures at the Loch
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Land vehicle
Water Sky Cloud Plant Water resources

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
serpentine belt threw it's hand in a couple of weeks ago, I'd noticed a bit of fraying on the belt, so bought a belt removal tool £15 on ebay
when the belt snapped, a week later, I was just coming to a slip way on the motorway, managed to free wheel and then drive a few 100 yards to a safe park up
called a local pick up guy and managed to get the car back to my mates garage, picked up a 6pk1368 belt from ECP, used the tool and got the belt on with minimal removal (front drivers wheel) for access
It's something to keep your eye, I believe they recommend changing the belts every 3 - 4k miles

I noticed after the belt snapped the temperature did go high, I found I'd developed a coolant leak on the top outlet of the rad, looking from the front of the car top left outlet, removed the coolant pipe and then the radiator outlet spout, checked the 'O' ring and realised my 'O' rings were thicker, so cleaned the old 'O' ring up and re fitted, leak stopped, I did try just tightening the outlet fixings first but that didn't cure the leak, re fitting the 'O' ring has...so far and it's been tested with this heat wave :p

😁😁 bet you wished you'd never asked about the Mini

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
2,258 Posts
serpentine belt threw it's hand in a couple of weeks ago, I'd noticed a bit of fraying on the belt, so bought a belt removal tool £15 on ebay
when the belt snapped, a week later, I was just coming to a slip way on the motorway, managed to free wheel and then drive a few 100 yards to a safe park up
called a local pick up guy and managed to get the car back to my mates garage, picked up a 6pk1368 belt from ECP, used the tool and got the belt on with minimal removal (front drivers wheel) for access
It's something to keep your eye, I believe they recommend changing the belts every 3 - 4k miles

I noticed after the belt snapped the temperature did go high, I found I'd developed a coolant leak on the top outlet of the rad, looking from the front of the car top left outlet, removed the coolant pipe and then the radiator outlet spout, checked the 'O' ring and realised my 'O' rings were thicker, so cleaned the old 'O' ring up and re fitted, leak stopped, I did try just tightening the outlet fixings first but that didn't cure the leak, re fitting the 'O' ring has...so far and it's been tested with this heat wave :p

😁😁 bet you wished you'd never asked about the Mini
It’s a similar experience with mine, front end off yesterday to fit a new radiator fan as the resistor had gone on the old one. Took 15 mins to change a similar resistor on my Corsa track car, 4 hours on the Mini!

I fitted a new rad 3 years ago, so pulling it appart wasn’t an issue.

Here it is half way there.

I fitted a new belt last year, if it’s fraying it suggests a pulley is out of alignment, has it had a reduced one fitted?

They certainly need a bit of TLC, fun little things though, but in this heat ours cooks itself under the bonnet.

161 - 180 of 192 Posts