Focus RS Forum banner
141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Wow 6 months since an update, the cars been tucked up snug for Winter, which has never really arrived and hopefully won't

February's weather is normally so bad up here, it's usually pi$$ing down, Snowy or frosty as Hell with salt & grit everywhere, but this year it's been amazing :thumbsup:

I decided I had to get the car out the garage, getting a last minute slot at the MOT station, it would have been rude not to give the :rs: a nice dry run out after being tucked up so long

I thought about letting the MOT lapse and move it to April / May, hoping to catch drier days, but with any Performance type car if the MOT or service dates slip or dates don't align perfectly...if & when it comes to selling the car buyers might query the dates and start thinking Oooh must have been a problem, was it broken :facepalm:

As usual the MK 2 was so well admired by the technicians in the garage and a few passing pedestrians who sneaked a couple of pictures of the car at the traffic lights 8)

I have to admit with not driving the car, I'd been looking at PH's and AT to see what was out there for sale, but after my run out on Thursday the cars going nowhere :nope:

Oh yes, the car passed with no advisories

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Nice one Simon, looks good. Always nice to get some appreciation too when out and about!

I can't wait for those longer days and warm evenings to get out for a good blast, not long now! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Got the Rs booked into Parks of Perth for it's 9th service next week, the cars just rolled onto 29600 miles :thumbsup:

only 800 miles last year and most of that was clocked up attending shows / meets and a couple of sunny day runs 8)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
I thought I'd get the Rs out of the garage and get it nice clean for it's visit to Parks on Tuesday for the 9th service 8)

the cars been in the garage over the winter, so it was nice to get it out for another airing after it's MOT outing a couple of weeks ago :thumbsup:

Today's clean:

jet wash, snow foam, jet wash, 2 bucket shampoo, pat dry, quick detail wax, Meguiars tyre gel and back to bed till Tuesday

couple of pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
cheers Gary & Pete for the kind comments 8)

I've got a couple of snow foams I use, Valet pro PH neutral and I've got some Demon Foam that I use on my Mini and Shogun

It was Demon foam I had in the bottle / lance today, so I used that, I find set correctly it goes on real heavy & works well for me :nice:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
9th service carried out today at Parks in Perth, big thanks to Charlie for doing the service on the car again this year, nice to have the same guy working on the car :grin:

another wee bonus the weather gods were with us...it stayed dry all day :bow:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
The suns been splitting the sky all week, but last night the clouds were circling and the rain was due but decided to have a wee run down to Stirling 43 miles to attend the 'we restore alloys' Ford night 8)

some nice cars on parade, Mike Lewis had his concourse XR2, he'll be looking for best in show at Knockhill tomorrow (Sunday 19th)

Loads of nice ST's both Focus & Fiesta's some driven by what looked like 15 year olds :rofl: with their 'Buckfast' swilling passengers :facepalm:

a few Mustangs, Vans and Custom Fords made up the numbers, quite a few sporting headlights with SMD colour change drl's (as seen on UG & White Courier)

one or two pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
dusted the car off today and had a wee cleaning sesh'

jet wash, snow foam, jet wash, iron x, wax shampoo, jet wash, towel dry, Meguiars NXT 2.0 wax

back in the garage until later this afternoon, all ready for tonight's trip to to 'Auld Reekie' & People's Ford Rs Party night

Attachments

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
WOW, what a quick year, can't believe it's over a year since I updated the thread :facepalm:

Took the car out of the garage today for it's MOT, a couple of months later than I normally do but nothing really normal with all the Covid shutdowns, I was lucky with the weather, as it's not always possible to pick a day when the Sun's shining 8)

Today was perfect - bone dry, wall to wall Sun, a Pass and no advisories :bow:

I'll have to become a member again so I can start firing up some pictures again :grin:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
That is good to hear Simon. Are you still enjoying driving her?
@Ady555 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

remember how I always said the Xpel on the front of the P1 was fantastic stuff, and then we realised I'd only driven the car a couple of thousand miles in 3 years, so of course the car looked minted...well, I didn't get xpel for the Rs (I knew it would be a bit of a Queen) it looks as good as new :yep: that's cos I've only done 1295 miles since I bought it almost 3 years ago :facepalm:

I must say though the FRs is still one of the best looking and driving cars for the money out there IMO, they're stunning and with the MR 375 awesome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Yes you got a good one there Simon. You just need to get out more... Having said that, the lockdown hasn't helped. It's a lovely example you have there.
did you treat yourself to another car, or an M sport van, I seem to remember you looking at them

what about ACL's 22B Ouch that's a bit steep

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
No i haven't bought anything else yet. What with lockdown and a recession looming i think i will just hang fire see how it all pans out.
That 22b is just out of my price range... Surely that will never sell at that price. I really think they are pushing their luck with that one, even if it had have been a Uk one it wouldn't command that price tag.

141 - 160 of 192 Posts