Focus RS Forum banner
181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
2,258 Posts
17% pulley fitted, the belt seemed to be marking up in the centre of the pulley, it looks as though it's running true on the pulleys and tensioner
Perhaps just an old belt, happened to a mates RS mk2, but they last more than 4k miles, not hard to change though (other than not falling over when the belt tensioner tool slips!)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Couple of pictures from July 2022 (today lol) prior to MOT day tomorrow, the Rs still looks amazing, the water just sheets of it when it's hosed. A pat dry and quick detail wax applied all ready for it's big day out tomorrow :cool::ROFLMAO:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Blimey, makes my 201 miles seem extravagant!
200 miles, wow, that's a bit excessive ;)
they really need to be used but it just becomes a habit to take it out clean and dry it and put it back to bed o_O

The guy at the MOT station asked how much I thought it was worth, I said 'I'm not sure but I'd have to pay a lot to get one as nice and with full ford service history' he said 'it has to be mid to high 30's, with that, the upgrades, low miles and condition'
That'd be nice, not that I have any intention of parting with this Rs, it's a keeper

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
2,258 Posts
200 miles, wow, that's a bit excessive ;)
they really need to be used but it just becomes a habit to take it out clean and dry it and put it back to bed o_O

The guy at the MOT station asked how much I thought it was worth, I said 'I'm not sure but I'd have to pay a lot to get one as nice and with full ford service history' he said 'it has to be mid to high 30's, with that, the upgrades, low miles and condition'
That'd be nice, not that I have any intention of parting with this Rs, it's a keeper
Can’t say I’ve not thought of selling mine, but I’m lucky as I don’t need the money nor space it takes up.

However I should get behind the wheel more as I enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Can’t say I’ve not thought of selling mine, but I’m lucky as I don’t need the money nor space it takes up.

However I should get behind the wheel more as I enjoy driving it.
I'm the same. I very rarely think of the car in monetary terms. I just want the MK2 FRS to gain the cult status old Skool Fords like the Mexico, 3.0 lt Capri and Cossy's have, it's right up there for it's looks, reliability and with an engine upgrade makes it a very capable car to want & drive.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
12th Ford Service completed today at Parks Ford in Perth, that's the service stamps all filled in, so looks like I'll need to add some additional pages to the booklet.
Not sure if I'll use Parks next year, I may go to a good independent garage, what's the general opinion keep using Ford as it's got FFSH, or start using an Indy garage that deal with performance cars everyday?

181 - 192 of 192 Posts