Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd heard all about this Rs and been told it might be available with a bit of persuasion, so I wasted no time getting in touch with the owner, Scott (Scootmuldoon), we arranged a viewing :thumbsup:

The day arrived for me to go down & see the Rs

Rain - it had been throwing it down all day, so we decided not to take the car out for a test drive :nope:

At this time I still hadn't Sold my P1, so I wasn't a totally committed buyer, I knew how clean the car was underneath, so it was no problem not getting a drive, it gave me more time to check it over and go through the cars detailed History Folder

The Rs has FFSH, Mountune MR375 , Viper Alarm, KW Coilovers, PB big brake upgrade, Lux 1 and Dynamica Interior upgrade, standard 19'' wheels finished in Shadow Chrome - It ticked all my wanted list boxes :bow:

Three weeks later, the P1 was Sold to a happy new owner 8)

:rs: time

Got back in touch with Scott, told him I was definitely interested in the car, but needed to go for a test drive to see how it performed :grin:

So, Friday 1st Sept was the day, I hopped on a couple of trains and arrived in down town Paisley to have my second look and drive like 'Miss Daisy' run in the car :rofl:

The Rs flew, drove like new and felt so planted on the road

BUY, BUY, BUY is all I could hear in 'ma heed' so after a wee chit chat over a coffee, it was a done deal

I've Just Bought meself an Rs - as Mike Brewer would say :facepalm:

15 mins later I'm driving away like a dog with 2 :f: and a cracking :rs:

Great drive up to Perth, 70 miles and an hour later I arrived Home

Day 3

Sunday

went for a run, seemed a shame not to as the Sun was splittin the Sky

The car performed as it should, great driving car and very comfortable

Time for the first wash, lets me go over the whole car and makes it feel like your own 8)

Some pictures of our adventures so far (TBC)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
thanks for all the kind comments lads :bow:

Saturday morning 16th Sept

thought I'd be getting ready for Doune Hill Climb with the Rs....BUT just received the V5 for the car on Thursday, tried to change the registration over online, the system wouldn't let me because the car now had no tax and or it wasn't sorn'd

So I thought aha, got the V5 now, I'll sorn it, cos I don't want to tax with the old reg number, once it's sorn'd I'll then quickly do the online number change

WRONG

bang, another online message, unable to do at this time :facepalm: contact us, so I gets onto the chat facility, which to be fair was good

I'm afraid if you've just sorn'd the car Sir, you'll have to wait up to 5 days to be able to do any more online changes

''but I want to drive the car''

well you'll have to go to the post office and tax with the present reg, or wait up to 5 days to change the reg over

the cars no tax, it's sorn'd till the end of the month, in between times I'll get the reg changed over and tax it in October

So Today, I'm taking my 10 YO grandson to play his first competitive game of Rugby at Glenalmond college, just outside Perth (his Dad's offshore and can't make it),

TBH, even if the car was taxed, this would have taken priority

Have a great day or weekend if you're going to the Hill Climb

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've got to say the big brakes make a big difference behind the wheels . Used to have a Subaru a while back with Brembo brakes they set it of nicely behind wheels. As a fairly new owner joined club a while ago before purchasing got some great advice along the way.still miss the flat four though keeping mine for a good while spent to much already. RS has some road presence when the old git gets a chance to get out in it cheers.

·
Premium Member
20,498 Posts
I've got to say the big brakes make a big difference behind the wheels . Used to have a Subaru a while back with Brembo brakes they set it of nicely behind wheels. As a fairly new owner joined club a while ago before purchasing got some great advice along the way.still miss the flat four though keeping mine for a good while spent to much already. RS has some road presence when the old git gets a chance to get out in it cheers.
I agree the big brakes are a must on the mk2 the standard brakes are a huge let down on the car they look terrible and a must upgrade

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
@finsti

as you know I've just sold my P1, the flat 4 burble is the only thing I miss, that distinctive tune that comes from the Scoob is

music to your ears 8)

When you hear that rumble in the distance you just can't help yourself waiting for it to pass :grin:

I wouldn't change the Rs though it's a great car to own and to be part of the Rs marque :bow:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I will live with the brakes on mine and maybe paint calipers to freshen up over the closed season. Although car is standard already forked out a small fortune on bits and pieces it soon ads up.but you can't resist it only bought little bits an pieces i.e. Nuts and bolts mats x2 biggest outlay so far was Mountune plenum ouch! after hearing a couple of failures I didn't want to take the chance ! Hey ho.might trade it in for a 22b in5years time not sure the wife going to be happy about being homeless at retirement age.

·
Premium Member
20,498 Posts
@finsti
as you know I've just sold my P1, the flat 4 burble is the only thing I miss, that distinctive tune that comes from the Scoob is
music to your ears 8)
When you hear that rumble in the distance you just can't help yourself waiting for it to pass :grin:
I wouldn't change the Rs though it's a great car to own and to be part of the Rs marque :bow:
I agree mate the Scoob has some tune to it :cool: but so does the 5 pot RS were very lucky with the cars we have as I think it's all over now for us car nuts who want the good old sound

1 - 20 of 192 Posts