Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if they have the power to give them out? Bit of googling gives different answers

Refitted my decat and group A this week, so even on light throttle the car is loud

driving inbetween some speed bumps and 2 PCSO's on the side of the road, one of them after looking at my car scribbled somethin down in his notepad

Felt like stopping and asking the spotty goon wether it was me he was writing about! As he gave me a evil look when i went past!

But can S59's even be given through the post ot have to be on the spot?

·
Forum midget
3,953 Posts
I had exactly the same thing, but I was changing up popin and banging. He saw me took out his note book and took my number and gave the evil stare as I went past. Like you expected a visit or a letter of some kind. Never heard a thing. But at my hieght he may have been seeing if it was stolen by a nine y/O :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
You'd have to be stopped and warned and informed of the notice in person
Complaints have to be made or if you were driving/acting in an 'anti social manner likely to cause nuisance/harassment, alarm and/or distress.

Never heard of a pcso dishing s.59 out only a real rozzer

Don't worry about it, he'd be jealous or a jobs worth or possibly taking details of the car as intelligence so you 'may' be stopped some time and to clarify who you are and that the RS is yours and not stolen. Only a theory though

·
Premium Member
Alb (Mk2 MP350)
3,050 Posts
The purpose of a loud exhaust is to draw attention to your car so you just succeeded :lol:

You're probably on a police database earmarked for a future pull.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
They can give you an asbo mate. I got 1 a few years back for apparently driving too fast for the weather conditions.

Be careful as you are not allowed to be pulled over for any driving offences in the year after in any car otherqise that car ahould get impounded there and then. This tripped me up when i got pulled over for overtaking on a solid line. And the copper was goingto let me off with a warning untill it flagged up i had this stupid driving asbo from a pcso. And instead of him impounding my car and having to return the mext day to collect and pay the charge. As i was in scotland at the time he give me 3 points and £60 insteas.
Also he never stopped me. He did same thing. I saw him wrote my reg down then later that down he turned up at my house on his push bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts