Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

The RS is on the shortlist of to be my next car and have been researching the competition and PCP options.

As for the comepeition

Type R GT £2k deposit - just over £500 over 37 months & RS3 BASE - £2k deposit £465 over 48 months

And for those who have placed a deposit has there been any estimates from the dealer the sort of figures we would be looking at?

Any help would be great

Jas

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
They do PCP on the Mustang so no reason they shouldn't for the RS. It'll probably be the same figures broadly as a £32 /£33k Mustang I'd guess.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
They do PCP on the Mustang so no reason they shouldn't for the RS. It'll probably be the same figures broadly as a £32 /£33k Mustang I'd guess.
i seen on evans halshaws web site that the gfv on a 5.0 fastback mustang was half the purchase price (18,700)after 3 years.

that's some drop, almost half and the intrest rate is nearly 2% higher than for an st.

edit: just noticed that all the gfv's are half

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
You will have to wait until the 17th September to find out.

However, I do know that (unsurprisingly) the Focus RS is removed from all current and future marketing promotions for now.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm going to try and finance through non ford parties, and see if can get better deal. Or take loan as will have hopeful
Y 50% or near enough deposit when time comes around hopefully.

As rich said I bet frs you will not be able to get any "good" deals on frs and you will pay heavy on finance rates compared to others.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Does the £500 test drive discount apply to the RS?
Highly doubt it, doubt they will even be offering test drives in the early release as you'll get people just wanting to have a go with no intention of buying or even been able to afford it

·
Registered
75 Posts
They best offer some good deals as you can get a golf r on pch for about £275 per month for 2 year deals.
At end of day ford is considered a finance house as they make more on finance than selling cars so it makes sense to compete with other manufacturers deals.

I remember reading something about ford a couple of years back that said they lost something like a billion dollars on making cars but 2 billion on finance which made them basically a bank.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
The extra £500 discount applied for the test drive promotion is for test drives taken before the 26th of august and the car has to be contracted and registered before the 31st of august so basically has to be a car from stock. Plus the £500 is made up of £250 from ford and £250 from the supplying dealer so if you have negotiated heavily already you will find you only end up with the £250 from ford even though the offer states its valid on top of every other promotion but that doesn't mean on top of any other discount, i know because i tried.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
They best offer some good deals as you can get a golf r on pch for about £275 per month for 2 year deals.
At end of day ford is considered a finance house as they make more on finance than selling cars so it makes sense to compete with other manufacturers deals.

I remember reading something about ford a couple of years back that said they lost something like a billion dollars on making cars but 2 billion on finance which made them basically a bank.
So with 6-7k deposit I could get a decent monthly figure

·
Registered
390 Posts
There will always be pcp deals out there every dealer does them it's a way of the world now days as people are only interested in the lowest cost per month not many people own there cars outright and like the idea of changing every couple of years. Ford will be no different lol..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would have thought so or people will just and buy a type r, golf r ect which do offer this.
I think at moment with a 9k deposit and 399 month for 4 years you can get into a type r.

If they don't offer this type of deal then I and a friend who will be getting one will go else where.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah your right, it must have been 299 per month as balloon was about 13000.
299 works out at about 36 so you pay 4k interest as car was 32k.

So I presume ford would have the same sort of deal.

·
Registered
525 Posts
That would make more sense was going to say that's mega money lol. Be see what the offer then will try oracle etc and see if they can beat it once you can actually order the car.

1 - 20 of 303 Posts