Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34387471

according to the bbc paul walkers 16 year old daughter is suing porsche saying that design flaws in the car killed him.

i thought that the crash was put down to speed and there was nothing wrong with the car.

i cant help but think that this is all down to money, but it is america after all.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Yup I think you're right Davie, can't see this law suit going through anyway imo (though what do I know?!) The fact that they were supposedly travelling at more than double the speed limit at the time is obviously lost on some people... :whistle:
Anyway, not a nice situation at all, for all concerned. :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
A tragic accident that is an important reminder to all that no matter how good a driver you are you can still get it wrong, when you get it wrong on the street there are lots of things to hit including innocent bystanders/ road users, on the track nine times out of ten you'll get away with it as you end upon the grass or in the kitty litter, still risky on track as names like Senna and Ratzenberger spring to mind.

I don't think any law suit with be successful in this case but as already said it's America and nothing surprises me when it comes to the yanks

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
Probably find because porche didn't have a warning sticker placed on the screen

She has a case

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
You joke, but remember this is the land that gave us cups telling us the coffee in them may be hot.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
^ If that's the way ahead, then there will be just a few stickers over the windscreen; 'don't do this, don't do that'...etc! Then you'll be able to sue them for not being able to see out of the window... ;)

·
Premium Member
9,999 Posts
Those things are so light at that speed the doors probably twisted and jammed so I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on love... :mellow[1]:

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
It is that bad
The ladders have stickers on them warning of electric shock from overheads

Some guy sued a camper van company because he crashed makeing a cuppa
Said there was no warning on the cruise control

Viper have a sticker on the sill warning of the hot exhaust

The place has no common sense (I hate that saying by the way)
^ If that's the way ahead, then there will be just a few stickers over the windscreen; 'don't do this, don't do that'...etc! Then you'll be able to sue them for not being able to see out of the window... ;)
you know there's a sticker for that too

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive just read an article about this on the la times.

his daughter accuses porsche, and i quote, of trimming the vehicles weight by installing side door reinforcement bars made of a weaker material than is used in more common cars, such as the honda civic. :cry:

surely you cant compare a $450,000 super car with a top speed of 330km/h to a $20,000 family hatch with a top speed of 120 km/h

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
They should put a notification in a heavy German accent via the stereo telling customers they may die if they exceed the speed limit. And it should come on each time the speed limit is exceeded. I mean wtf.

It's so ridiculous.

Cars and getting safer and safer but that doesn't stop someone killing themselves driving recklessly, and potentially taking other innocent people with them.

I have to read the article to see what it's all about but if he'd survived I'm sure he would have been put in prison for driving like that. Let alone suing Porsche.

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
They should put a notification in a heavy German accent via the stereo telling customers they may die if they exceed the speed limit. And it should come on each time the speed limit is exceeded. I mean wtf.

It's so ridiculous.

Cars and getting safer and safer but that doesn't stop someone killing themselves driving recklessly, and potentially taking other innocent people with them.

I have to read the article to see what it's all about but if he'd survived I'm sure he would have been put in prison for driving like that. Let alone suing Porsche.
Just to clarify he was a passenger in his own car not driving - but yes when the speed of 94mph is the major factor I don't think you would expect to sue

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I also think the car was modded so not sure if this will have implications on a claim as it was not how it left the factory!!!

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
It isn't going to bring him back.

If it's about money that's sad.

If it's about helping others I'm sure they can tell that speeding kills.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Those dodgy Germans at it again, probably find the car was made of jelly with a special paint to fool us into thinking it was metal...

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
It is that bad
The ladders have stickers on them warning of electric shock from overheads

Some guy sued a camper van company because he crashed makeing a cuppa
Said there was no warning on the cruise control

Viper have a sticker on the sill warning of the hot exhaust

The place has no common sense (I hate that saying by the way)

you know there's a sticker for that too
Bring on the stickers! :laughing: They're like street signs; you can never have too many... :whistle: One small problem though: people have got to see them/read them/understand them, which for most people on the roads, makes them pretty useless... :whistle: :laughing:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.