Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Following on from another post which recommended DA polishing only every 2/3 years and just maintenance in between

Wondering what do members do for maintenance?

At the moment I just use all Maguires' stuff, which I find is convenient and fine. Car is Ultimate Green, a daily driver and my routine is as

follows:

Clay bar twice a year (Spring and Autumn)

Wash once a week minimum, Ultimate Wash & Wax using 2 buckets, wash mitts and microfibre towels

Maguires Quick Wax once a month

I carry a bottle of waterless wash in the boot for immediate treatment of bird poo etc

I am happy with my paintwork and it compares well with other cars I've seen at shows etc.

Just wondering if I can do more (or less!!) or if people with more knowledge than me can find fault/recommendations

Cheers in advance for any replies

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Very gentle washing once a week, generally less at the minute with the rubbish summer we have had yet again. Pointless washing it as i come out in the morning and its covered in dust and grime again from all the rain!!

I probably wouldn't be claying it unless i was going to go over it once with a DA... very easy to put swirls / marring in the paint with a clay bar.

Depends how much you care about swirls etc... I have probably only detailed the whole car once and had it about a year and a half. Generally just go over areas of the car that i feel need a quick detail with the DA when i see fit.

Need to do the whole car again at some point, but means carting everything to my Grandparents as they have a big double garage that we don't have at home!

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Wash at least once a week. Use all Dodo Juice products only. Born to be Mild Ph neutral shampoo. Wash mitt and/or microfibre-sponge. Microfibre towel to dry. Lime prime to remove any tar or insect remnants and tiny swirls. At least one wax coat every time. Blue Velvet Pro, previously had Purple Haze Pro, or Supernatural or both.

Yes I do think I've become a bit obsessed.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Dodo Juice is nice but ive become a fan of the Chemical Guys range myself. There is also a 15% code from the forum for Chemical Guys so its always nice to support the people who make the effort to discount forum members :nice:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.