Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a MK2 59 plate RS, cleaning & waxing it & found on the back arches on both sides the paint is bubbling where the arch joins the bumper, I was told to take it back to Ford because there was a 6 to 10 year paint warranty. Big did that & they took photographs of both arches & I gave in the full Ford Service History which the Warrenty guy said that the paintwork gets checked every time last service being September 2014. After waiting 3 weeks after he sent in information to Ford it I was told this isn't covered & ive got to pay for it yet I only purchased the car end of last May. Any advice on this please?

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,784 Posts
A common problem that's unfortunately becoming more widespread.

Been discussed many times and some have been successful with warranty claims, others partially and most not. The 'stone chip' caveat gets used quite a lot...

Paint and bodywork inspections are every two years so your service book should have been stamped with these. Whether that will make a difference is unfortunately covered by the sentence above.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Member Jwautoshine took his to Ford dealer with his and they are honouring the claim.

The warranty is a 12 year anti perforation warranty as long as the panels are the original paint and you have all the service and paint stamps up to date I would keep on at them you have kept your side of the maintenance up by having the checks done at the required times

1 - 3 of 3 Posts