Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi,

Plugged my fault reader into my RS this afternoon as the ABS Light and Engine Management came on and it came back with a Vehicle Speed Sensor Intermittent Eratic, now I know its the Speed Sensors at the front but but what one. Ive looked at both and they seem okay but havent taken them out.

Hope someone can help?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Dealers fob me off... :rolleyes:
I even took a brand new lead with me and said fit it to the side that looks the most stretched/deteriorated but they just cleaned the sensor showing a fault and it went away for a while and now it's back... :getlost:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I changed the ABS Sensors last weekend, both at the front and cleaned down the area by getting rid of the rust on the driveshaft and using a nail file to make the bit that the sensor sits on flat.

Only took 20mins and car worked fine had to erase the fault codes but problem solved....few!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I check the ABS cabling up until it went into the engine bay all seemed fine and not tight or too slack so didn't have to do anything. Seen a few cable ties on the abs cables so not sure if someone been before me!

Thanks

Did you swap the cables around on the shock so you have more slack as when the car came out from new the abs cables were very tight

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.