Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Ford RS Team have written to dealers today (well it is dated Friday) to make some points clear to them.

1. Dealers should not create orders on VISTA for Focus RS as these will be not be processed. Ford RS Team are only processing orders for those on the waiting list at this time. These need to be dressed by the Dealer when they have been given their allocated cars from the waiting list.

2. Subsequent orders for Focus RS when the waiting list is cleared will be for Q3 2016 at the earliest

This means that even if your dealer has provided you with an order number as "proof" of an order this will not be processed if you are not already registered on the waiting list.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
The only email I have recieved is the one the dealer gets acknowledging recipe of the reservation application form lol? Nothing more

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I did wonder about that when I asked my dealer about Vista orders. He replied "As far as we know Ford themselves are doing the ordering for all the orders taken until the 8th October, we will be doing it from then on." which now makes sense after your post Rich.

That's a long wait to Q3 2016 for the next batch after the waiting list orders have gone through :blink:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm going in tomorrow to get mine ordered up. 8th of October is the cut off date if I'm not mistaken? Don't want to have to wait till this time next year!!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
The RS team I believe is just like a central admin team responsible for the admin and processing of the waiting list applications and receipt copies etc...

·
JW Racing
4,754 Posts
Ive had an e mail from the Focus RS team saying that my order has been allocated to my chosen Ford Store :thumbsup:

my dealer then subsequently asked me to re confirm my con figured spec , all of which was done Friday , so hopefully thats it now , just got to sit and wait as Ford said and wait for it to be built :nice:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ive had an e mail from the Focus RS team saying that my order has been allocated to my chosen Ford Store :thumbsup:

my dealer then subsequently asked me to re confirm my con figured spec , all of which was done Friday , so hopefully thats it now , just got to sit and wait as Ford said and wait for it to be built :nice:
That's what my second email says !
Does this mean I'm in the first batch or not ?
Confused of Lancs

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Yes @nykk , you're in the first batch if you got the 2nd email from Ford saying your Ford Store has been allocated an RS for you.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Ok, what does the dealer have to do to get you on the RS teams list if VISTA is not the correct way ?? Is there something specific that I should be asking my dealer to do before the 8th cut off ? Deposit paid and spec done etc etc

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Yes but there are many of us with money down who have done so specifically to get in before 8th and it would appear the registration / ordering process has become confused.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Ok, so I placed a deposit a few weeks ago, haven't had an email from ford.

Gave my dealer the spec I wanted, however they said ford haven't requested this yet. But they would take it anyway.

Where does that leave me? If I don't get an email by the 8th is it Q3?

·
JW Racing
4,754 Posts
some people had money down months ago , but my understanding is that counted for nothing as the oprdering process had to be completed in a specific manner and if that wasnt followed or the dealer you originally paid wasnt pro active then you could easily fall down the pecking order

my dealer wouldnt take any money when i first approached them as they said it was pointless but the moment Ford opened up the ordering they were after me immediately and i have to say have been on the ball all the way through right to sending me that image a few moments back

cheers

jason :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Sorry to say this, but if you still did not get any emails from Ford Uk or Focus rs team, then your chances a pretty slim unfortunately lads , as your reservation slot hasnt been allocated by Ford to your dealer yet and you are most likely going to be in the second q3 batch.

Fingers crossed you would get such e-mail from Ford before the 8th. :yep:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Sorry to say this, but if you still did not get any emails from Ford Uk or Focus rs team, then your chances a pretty slim unfortunately lads , as your reservation slot hasnt been allocated yet by Ford to your dealer and you are most likely going to be in the second q3 batch.

Fingers crossed you would get such e-mail from Ford before the 8th. :yep:
Have you got your two emails yet?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts