Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,
So since couple of garages can’t see an issue with the handling or mechanics of the car and in 4 weeks time I start my new job which is 2 mins from my house I thought I’d start replacing stuff. The job I’ve been doing is 45 miles round trip over **** roads and I feel like these cars are only meant for smooth roads . It feels like I’m gliding over roads or driving with a deflated tyre. Overtaking on the back roads I get the old veering steering which was there before when I'm overtaking. Hitting small bumps are pulling the wheels in a direction far more than normal.

I really hope it’s not the steering rack as I get the slight knock when moving the steering wheel when stationary. I’m needing better drop links. I’m going to replace the lower control arms and bushes first then if it’s still not sorted then shock absorbers then maybe there other bits in-between like tracking rod etc.
I had a look at the hardrace control arms but when you actually get all the bits to go with it it’s like over £400 for one side so I might just stick to standard. Anyone got the hardrace ones?

Anyone who’s upgraded their anti roll bars, which drop links have you gone with? I didn’t tell the garage which setting I wanted so they’ve stuck the standard links in the hard setting for front and back.
I have the H&R bars. I had a look at SUMMIT drop links but again fairly pricey so might get the SuperPro ones (blue to go with the car). I’ve got the SUMMIT lower brace fitted. I’ve read a few comments saying the Whiteline ones have snapped. I was originally wanting the full Whiteline kit but I bought the H&R bars when they were on sale.
Since I’ll be working 2 mins drive from home I thought it’s time to fix this little issue. Having to use the money I was going to use for upgrades. Was thinking of upgrading the cams and get a better stage 2 map at sabre but this is now priority.
Any help and opinions as normal are welcome

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Alright,
So since couple of garages can’t see an issue with the handling or mechanics of the car and in 4 weeks time I start my new job which is 2 mins from my house I thought I’d start replacing stuff. The job I’ve been doing is 45 miles round trip over **** roads and I feel like these cars are only meant for smooth roads . It feels like I’m gliding over roads or driving with a deflated tyre. Overtaking on the back roads I get the old veering steering which was there before when I'm overtaking. Hitting small bumps are pulling the wheels in a direction far more than normal.

I really hope it’s not the steering rack as I get the slight knock when moving the steering wheel when stationary. I’m needing better drop links. I’m going to replace the lower control arms and bushes first then if it’s still not sorted then shock absorbers then maybe there other bits in-between like tracking rod etc.
I had a look at the hardrace control arms but when you actually get all the bits to go with it it’s like over £400 for one side so I might just stick to standard. Anyone got the hardrace ones?

Anyone who’s upgraded their anti roll bars, which drop links have you gone with? I didn’t tell the garage which setting I wanted so they’ve stuck the standard links in the hard setting for front and back.
I have the H&R bars. I had a look at SUMMIT drop links but again fairly pricey so might get the SuperPro ones (blue to go with the car). I’ve got the SUMMIT lower brace fitted. I’ve read a few comments saying the Whiteline ones have snapped. I was originally wanting the full Whiteline kit but I bought the H&R bars when they were on sale.
Since I’ll be working 2 mins drive from home I thought it’s time to fix this little issue. Having to use the money I was going to use for upgrades. Was thinking of upgrading the cams and get a better stage 2 map at sabre but this is now priority.
Any help and opinions as normal are welcome
:unsure: Hardrace dont do wishbones for the Mk3 RS yet but if they did they are only normally available as pairs so im not sure where you are getting that price from? Best bet at the moment are the Powerflex bush kits. If wanting to replace the droplinks it would have worked out a lot cheaper to have bought the Whiteline Front and Rear ARB kit which comes with droplinks. Ive not heard of any issues with the Whiteline stuff on the Mk3 RS by the way. Are you thinking of the Mk2 RS?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

take it this is only for other mk3 models? I'll probably just get standard ones fitted again.

I was looking at the Whiteline kit but I got the H&R roll bars for £100 so in the end it'll cost about £350ish when I buy drop links.

maybe I've been scouring online for reviews. I purchased SuperPro ones last night but there not in stock so might have to be Whiteline drop links now.
Only getting adjustable drop links since I got roll bars fitted.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

take it this is only for other mk3 models? I'll probably just get standard ones fitted again.

I was looking at the Whiteline kit but I got the H&R roll bars for £100 so in the end it'll cost about £350ish when I buy drop links.

maybe I've been scouring online for reviews. I purchased SuperPro ones last night but there not in stock so might have to be Whiteline drop links now.
Only getting adjustable drop links since I got roll bars fitted.
(y)Yes the RS is different to the normal Mk3. No point in having adjustable droplinks unless you need to corner weight it on coilovers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts