Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Ford UK to see if the new RS would be on show anywhere else in the Uk as I would like to have a look in the flesh and have been unable to get to any shows this year due to work commitments.

Just had a response which may be of help to some of you but a bit to far for me to travel just for a quick look.

It will be available at the following dealers:

20th-21st at Think Ford -Guildford

22nd-24th Essex Ford - Dunton

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It's still going to be the one that's been doing the rounds over the UK, not a full production model. Same one that was at RS national and ford fair

·
Registered
570 Posts
I am going to speak to Think Ford tomorrow about it but I think as Nic says its the tatty one that's doing the rounds which is in Liquid Blue which is a colour you can't buy. Still no further forward with information about the car since the launch in Germany tbh

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ford don't seem to value customers interested in the new R.S. , along with other customers waiting to take delivery of the Mark 1 Focus R.S. in November / December 2002 I received an invite to drive one if the six pre - production / press cars around the Gaydon proving test track a real bonus as we had committed to buy the car without actually seeing / driving one , did 12 laps in 3 of the cars , food and drinks laid on, and 2 tickets for free entry in to the Heritage Motor museum, anyone else who was there may remember being passed by the Aston Martin Vanquish V 12 and the damage caused by a low flying pheasant to the R.S with the registration plate RS02FLY.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Ford don't seem to value customers interested in the new R.S. , along with other customers waiting to take delivery of the Mark 1 Focus R.S. in November / December 2002 I received an invite to drive one if the six pre - production / press cars around the Gaydon proving test track a real bonus as we had committed to buy the car without actually seeing / driving one , did 12 laps in 3 of the cars , food and drinks laid on, and 2 tickets for free entry in to the Heritage Motor museum, anyone else who was there may remember being passed by the Aston Martin Vanquish V 12 and the damage caused by a low flying pheasant to the R.S with the registration plate RS02FLY.
Could this be to do with it been global this time and not limited numbers as the mk1 and mk2 were

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Lads , said it many times before, going to say it again.
If you want to see a real full production car, you would need to go to Frankfurt in September , all the cars on show at the moment across the world, are preview/taster cars before its official reveal, just to give you an idea of things to come, not factory model :nice:
Just like Ford GT, it's not a production car :yep:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Lads , said it many times before, going to say it again.
If you want to see a real full production car, you would need to go to Frankfurt in September , all the cars on show at the moment across the world, are preview/taster cars before its official reveal, just to give you an idea of things to come, not factory model :nice:
Just like Ford GT, it's not a production car :yep:
Remember plenty of pictures of the finished product, your still going I assume?

Do you think there will be many changes on the full production model?

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Remember plenty of pictures of the finished product, your still going I assume?
Do you think there will be many changes on the full production model?
If after Op recovery is positive , I'll be there 100 percent Nick with plenty of pics and videos, and maybe some in detail info , on top of official press release :yep:
I would not think so, just some minor adjustments , but several factory colours and different trim combos, to give an idea to potential customers.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I was there, pheasants started to cross the track as I was driving and the guy in the car said 'just hit them' totally against instinct, luckily I didn't hit one. When we stopped he said that it was a good Job I didn't slam on the brakes as there were 2 other FRS behind doing 140 that would have hit us! Saw RS02 FLY having a bird removed from the front grill. They also had a stack of front bumpers round the back to replace. Bonus of all being the same colour, bumpers came pre painted 😊 I do miss FRS 0480.

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
I was there, pheasants started to cross the track as I was driving and the guy in the car said 'just hit them' totally against instinct, luckily I didn't hit one. When we stopped he said that it was a good Job I didn't slam on the brakes as there were 2 other FRS behind doing 140 that would have hit us! Saw RS02 FLY having a bird removed from the front grill. They also had a stack of front bumpers round the back to replace. Bonus of all being the same colour, bumpers came pre painted I do miss FRS 0480.
1000 pounds plus for 1 of them bumpers now :cry:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I paid £230 back in 2003 for a spare, so I could put a brand new one on when it came to resale time with no stone chips, much cheaper and better than having it painted too

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was there, pheasants started to cross the track as I was driving and the guy in the car said 'just hit them' totally against instinct, luckily I didn't hit one. When we stopped he said that it was a good Job I didn't slam on the brakes as there were 2 other FRS behind doing 140 that would have hit us! Saw RS02 FLY having a bird removed from the front grill. They also had a stack of front bumpers round the back to replace. Bonus of all being the same colour, bumpers came pre painted I do miss FRS 0480.
After they removed it half a roll of grey gaffer tape applied to the bumper and back out on the track there was a fox playing chicken, sat in one of the lanes,only casually moving out of the way as you closed in at 140 m.p.h. I ran build no 0505 as a daily driver for ten years 124,000 miles on the clock when I sold her to a freind who has his own body repair facility ,he has carried out a full RUST ERADICATION programme the car now takes top slot in his collection of classic cars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts