Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,439 Posts
Makes me laugh when thinking back to all those servicing threads, those who always insisted a basic service cant be done for £140 as 'the oil is £70-£100 on its own'! :whistle: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
So has Castrol Edge Professional been superseded by Castrol Edge 0-4w-40 A3/B4 with Titanium FST Fully Synthetic. If so when did Castrol bring out the oil with Titanium as I don't remember seeing anything about it?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
that confused me too Rog, just bought a service kit from vospers ford and it had that oil supplied in the kit, I did phone and enquire why I had this oil and not the stuff I had before and was told its the same oil only packaged differently!....price was a lot cheaper too....I paid £10 litre before from hendy ford and this stuff was £5.50 a litre bottle...checked the spec out and its identical..dave

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
that confused me too Rog, just bought a service kit from vospers ford and it had that oil supplied in the kit, I did phone and enquire why I had this oil and not the stuff I had before and was told its the same oil only packaged differently!....price was a lot cheaper too....I paid £10 litre before from hendy ford and this stuff was £5.50 a litre bottle...checked the spec out and its identical..dave
Thanks will try the Titanium next time. I wonder why the Castrol Edge is more expensive if its the same product?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.