Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Just noticed today that my oil pressure gauge is reading high. On start up its on max but doesn't go much below half on the dial when warm. At 30mph its on four bar normal driving four and above. Anyone had a similar problem before I take it to the garage. All other gauges are reading normal.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
perfectly normal bud, higher oil pressure when cold, drops when warm but will go up with the revs as the pump is driven at engine speed. As said above there is no oil pressure sensor fitted to the RS, only a pressure switch. The ecu "guesses" the pressure and displays that on the gauge :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Only mentioned it as I haven't seen it that high before, I guess at least its not low. Something to be said for a direct oil feed to the gauge then at least you know its correct.
My oil gauge (Spa Design with a proper pressure sender probe direct into the oil flow) reads about 5.1bar+ when cold, which goes to about 2.2bar on idle when fully warm.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,879 Posts
It's a calculated reading Rog and will be influenced by coolant temp in the lower ambient air.

After seeing your other post about wing mirror problems I hope it's nothing more than possibly a loose connection at your passenger junction box?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a calculated reading Rog and will be influenced by coolant temp in the lower ambient air.

After seeing your other post about wing mirror problems I hope it's nothing more than possibly a loose connection at your passenger junction box?
Drove the car this evening and it seems to be back to normal, strange :whistle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.