Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the drive to work this morning I noticed that my oil temperature and oil pressure gauges are not working.

The oil temperature needle did not move at all, from its starting position, throughout the 15 mile journey. The oil pressure was at maximum as well. The oil pressure needle only seemed to drop slightly when breaking then returned to the same maximum position. The boost pressure and water temperature gauges seem to be working fine.

I also noticed when I started the car up this morning the cat warmup cyle didn't seem to kick in.

My engine management light is on at the minute as I had a sports cat fitted a couple of weeks ago and the car is running the standard map currently. I also had my airtec intercooler fitted last week, could that have possibly interfered with a sensor or something?

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks for the speedy replies. At least it sounds like an easy fix, that's a bit of a relief.

When I got my intercooler fitted at Sitech Simon noticed I had oil in my intercooler pipework which might cause the sensor to fail, I guess he was right.

How much am I looking at for a replacement?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts