Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,067 Posts
A few posts today by a sponsor has appeared to undermined the efforts of people to keep keep their rs secure by showing a tool with a web link on how to unscramble wiring sequences.

Firstly I see this wrong and especially coming onto my group buy and posting their findings there and also on another post.

It looks like they are just looking to undermine everything that seems to offer any alternative to a obd lock. Sponsor or not I feel this is wrong and puts onwers cars are more risk who have spent money on various ways to reconfigure thier own obd ports.

·
Administrator
49,106 Posts
I removed the post in your Group Buy thread , but I didn't see the problem with the other post .

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed the post in your Group Buy thread , but I didn't see the problem with the other post .
Thank you :)the problem is when we have members being quiet about diskloc issues due to not making it completely public, i think we should keep the same method going. Yes we know there is tools for absolutely anything to undo but we wouldnt think its wise to share it on the forum and make the forum as hub of info for how to steal a RS. We all go through great lenghts to protect our pride and joys and lets remember i was probably one for first years ago that stumped up thousands of pounds for house security after multiple attempts to steal my keys.

I don't know what to suggest as a medium but sharing sensitive information isnt the way forward. You dont see securemycar supplying a link onto where they purchased that hijacking tool.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I still think this is a non-issue. Anyone can work out a re-wired OBD, you just need to view the back of it along with a wiring diagram. Not hard - you don't need a tool to do it for you. The reason for re-wiring is to slow the scumbags down, and that's exactly what it will do, whether you have this "tool" in your bag or not.

It's the off-handish scaremongering that frustrates me - and yes, you could argue that securemycar did it too - although you'd still need the black box, for which no link was ever supplied.

Fore-warned is fore-armed in my opinion. We just need to find a way of keeping it less public.
^---- this. But as I said above, this particular "tool" issue is just a non-event IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts