Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been checking and there seems to be about 60 FordStores in the UK. My store says they have sold 20 rs so if we take this as an average then you don,t have to be a genius to see that is 1200 cars so far for this country. Does this seem to agree with other peoples estimation?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The ford store I ordered from only had 4 orders including my own (if that is true I don't know).

There are 120+ people just on this forum that have ordered an RS.

1200 is probably about right just for the UK.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes,some will be less than 20 but I think there are some with a lot more.As you say Chris we don,t know for sure.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I suspect some stores have zero orders, so an average like the OP said is not a bad guess....but its all just a guess. :wassat:

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some stores have over 40- 50 orders and there are around 40-50 stores in UK, so I would not be surprised if the total is around 2k , could be even more now. :yep:
And most if not all in first "batch" !

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would say there is Slim to zero chance, that Ford would supply around 2k in the first batch alone, there are other countries like US and China in contention this time around.
Ford did say...."we have planned sufficient capacity to meet expected sales,we do expect high levels of demand,particularly during the early launch phase"

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Ford did say...."we have planned sufficient capacity to meet expected sales,we do expect high levels of demand,particularly during the early launch phase"
We'll soon find out , if they did in fact anticipate such high demand, when our members would start getting info about their allocated build dates ( quite a few memebers still haven't received confirmation of reservation from Ford ) or it's just a usual marketing talk.

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
We would soon find out , if they did in fact anticipate such high demand, when our members would start getting info about their allocated build dates ( quite a few memebers still haven't received confirmation of reservation from Ford ) or it's just a usual marketing talk.
Once all the reservation orders are processed the next stage should be build MONTH appearing on VISTA. Build DATES will follow closer to the time. The numbers that Saarlouis can turn out are huge.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Once all the reservation orders are processed the next stage should be build MONTH appearing on VISTA. Build DATES will follow closer to the time. The numbers that Saarlouis can turn out are huge.
Hope you are right Rich and everyone from our forum, who had placed an order already , would get their car in the first batch :yep:

I'm just a little skeptical , after quite a few members waited for Focus St for considerable time more, then was originally promised by Ford :nice:

·
Registered
433 Posts
The Inverness ford store has over 70 deposits for rs's and I was told that Edinburgh has between 30 and 40 orders

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ford will want to sell as many cars as possible and with definite orders in I,m sure they will be going full tilt as they say.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts