Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if this is normal but recently i have noticed it. When accelarating hard the car seems to run fine, but when im on say 1/4 throttle at about 3.5k revs the car seems to noticably drop off then pic back up again, its like it hits an imaginary wall, i dont know if its because im not giving it enough throttle and the boost is dropping off, thats what it feels like. Cars totally standard apart from a cat back and has never had mods.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Mine used to do that when I first bought it, it just had a Mountune cat back, Got a Collins level 1 remap, sorted the problem.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Dont know if this is normal but recently i have noticed it. When accelarating hard the car seems to run fine, but when im on say 1/4 throttle at about 3.5k revs the car seems to noticably drop off then pic back up again, its like it hits an imaginary wall, i dont know if its because im not giving it enough throttle and the boost is dropping off, thats what it feels like. Cars totally standard apart from a cat back and has never had mods.
Sounds like you need the updated map from Ford to cure the flat spots/drop off...? :huh:

Or yeah a stage 1 map or MP350 :shifty: :grin:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, its a 10 plate so i think it should be running the updated map, gives me a good excuse to go revo stage 1 though!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine also feels like this. Only happens mind when it's not completely up to temperature, obviously not stone cold. Think it's the original ford software

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,093 Posts
I get this occaisionally, when not fully warmed up and , say, accelerating away from a roundabout onto my local bypass. It's around 3.5k and feels to me like an overreaction to my wanting the car to ease up on its acceleration at this point i.e it backs off completely where I might want to simply ease up a bit. It doesn't particularly bother me but allows me to practice my involuntary nodding dog impression :smile:

I assume it's something in the map, maybe a cold temperature thing, or a cold BCS/actuator - who knows...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts