Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clipped a kurb this morning on a country road, stupid kurb came out from nowhere!! :facepalm: :blush:

Standard Alloys that have been sprayed Gloss black. which now looking at the damage ive done, looks like the alloys where previously white! I can see the different layers.

I plan on having these all shot blasted and refurbished to OEM spec, but cant afford this at the moment.

so just need to touch up the damage I have done (only cosmetic - paint flaked off)

what should I use to touch them up? gloss black

how do I upload a picture onto this thread?

Thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
^^^ as above. I've done the same. Make sure you clean the surface first. It does the job on small marks, don't know how it would look on larger areas, although would be a cheap fix until you can get it done right.

I didn't use primer on mine and it's been fine.

Edit... I used the black gloss that comes in the pen style thing. It has both a brush and a fine nib on it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys

This just a standard car body work touch up pen or a specific Alloy wheel touch up pen?

Will upload a pic of the damage when I figure out how. It's about 80mm x 5 mm completely flaked off!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.