Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just paid my deposit on an RS and i have a question or 2

I was looking to see if any of these disc lock or stop locks are worth the bother or if they even fit ??

Also i looked about for seat covers and its looking like the covers from capital seating has anyone used these do they fit nice ??

Next on the list was: The car itself has the sitech racing stage 2 pack http://www.sitechracing.co.uk/mk2-ford-focus-rs/Packages/Stage-2-RS ( or at least i think it has ) is this stuff ok the car itself seems to go ok and although the milage is a little higher than i would have liked it was really clean compared to the other cars in that price bracket ( £20000 ) but i wouldn't like to end up with a big bill as some non standard part blows it up . Idid try emailing sitech to ask about whats on the car but got no reply so i called them and still go no answer.

Ok last thing i think the car will need 2 front tyres for the winter there around 4mm now i was looking at the Goodyear F1 asymmetric 2 tyres as i think i had these on an M3 years ago and they were good back then also there a decent price ( as i said I'm buying this on a budget And yes i know not the best idea with this car lol )

Thaks in advance for any help

·
Registered
296 Posts
Disclok is definitely worth the bother, you will need a small one, they are sometimes on offer at halfords, but you would be better getting one asap

Cant help with the sitech but if you search you might find the original owner on here

and alot use Michelin pilot super sports of tyres

·
Registered
606 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried about disc locks etc etc. if someone wants a car bad enough they will take it. On the other hand. I think a lot of the Rs cars that have been stolen has been slightly blown out of proportion. There was a bit of a stint of thefts a few months ago but it seems to have gone quiet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I definitely recommend the disclok, when ever my Rs in parked up the disclok is on. Imo extra security is a MUST!

·
Administrator
49,107 Posts
Hi William , :welcome: to the Club , you'll find loads of info to help answer your questions when you become a Club Member and start looking through the various forums . :nice:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Why is extra security a must?
everyone knows on here how easy our cars are to steal. Within 60 seconds your £20000 Rs has gone. Yeah I understand if they want it that badly they will have it, but I'd rather make it a hell of a lot harder for them. People on here,sadly have had
there's stolen, so I'd definitely add more security. Each to there own tho.

·
Registered
324 Posts
And just because it's gone quite,that really doesn't mean that there still not out there. It's just not worth the risk, so yeah I highly recommend the disclok :)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Hi guys and thanks for the fast replies and welcomes:

I think i might just shell out for a disc lock,

As for the tyres i love Michelins def my fave tyres but as there £50 per tyre more unless someone tells me the Goodyears suck i will probably use them.

The guy i am buying the car from had recommended pulling the diagnostic plug cutting the wire and running a small switch to disable it somewhere in the car just to slow down the guys stealing it is this a good idea or should i not mess with it ??

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Disclok is definitely worth the bother, you will need a small one, they are sometimes on offer at halfords, but you would be better getting one asap

Cant help with the sitech but if you search you might find the original owner on here

and alot use Michelin pilot super sports of tyres
How would i go about finding the original owner do i search the reg number ?? i know there car has had a private plate but don't know what it was

The car has got rsoc stickers on the window

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi guys and thanks for the fast replies and welcomes:

I think i might just shell out for a disc lock,

As for the tyres i love Michelins def my fave tyres but as there £50 per tyre more unless someone tells me the Goodyears suck i will probably use them.

The guy i am buying the car from had recommended pulling the diagnostic plug cutting the wire and running a small switch to disable it somewhere in the car just to slow down the guys stealing it is this a good idea or should i not mess with it ??
I'm sure @Clive can help out with this? There are lots of threads on here on securing the obd port. Hope this helps

·
Registered
142 Posts
You won't go wrong with Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres plenty of people run them including myself, just as good as the Michelins.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts