Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
May be a bit of a daft question, but does having no claims protection mean that if I make a claim the number of years no claims still stands?
Just that I have made a claim which meant my new premium this year has risen considerably and have found a new company that has come out cheaper than last year 🤪

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Your no claims bonus (years) will stay the same, but you will have a claim against you, which normally results in an increased premium.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
If you protect your no claims bonus it means that if you have a prang the years of NCB will stay the same, ie if you have 8 NCB when you renew it will still eight years even if you have made a claim on your policy, but............as pointed out above your premium will still rise so it’s a bit of a red herring really. As an example I had a minor bump in my van which was a very slow rear ender which resulted in a £1700 repair bill to the 3rd party vehicle I hit. I was paying £47 a month that year but when it came to renew the policy it went up to £86 a month even though I had protected my NCB so not worth the paper it’s written on really :facepalm:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts