Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

i am just starting lookin around (again) for an RS - i did almost buy one a couple of years ago but had a wobble and bought a BMW - sorry.

1st choice would be UG but i am a bit fussy with paintwork etc.and the bumpers look slightly off- is this something that typical with this colour.

2nd choice would be white - i guess no issues with this.

i have seen a couple that i quite fancy, one has the Mountune kit on - how much does the fuel consumption suffer as its going to be a daily driver for at leat 6 months i can get something to run around in.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Best of luck with the search, i would say in respect of UG it was generally the early cars that suffered from mismatch paint on bumpers.
As i recall on the early cars the bumpers were painted jn a different plant from the main body, and believe this corrected on later cars.
Think any metallic will always have a slight difference. The RS looks great in any colour but i had to have UG so im biased.

In respect of Mountune cars think you will find the consumption to be better than standard. Mine isnt Mountuned yet but hopefully next year.
The MR375 is particularly good. Borrowed my friends 500 MR375 and thats what convinced me about Mountune.

·
Registered
854 Posts
had a wobble and bought a BMW - sorry.
Dude, what were you thinking

1st choice would be UG but i am a bit fussy with paintwork etc.and the bumpers look slightly off- is this something that typical with this colour.
I understand completely, I now have an UG and yes all the plastic work is a different shade to the metalwork. In certain lights and angles the colour matches. Up close you can clearly see the pearlescence effect.

Pearlescent colours will always sit different on metalwork than plastic, also as others have indicated the plastics were painted in a totally different factory. Ok for Eurofighter if everything is gunmetal grey but not a Focus RS in UG :-(

2nd choice would be white - i guess no issues with this.
White is also great colour, put off the one I saw by the ropey interior and knocking from the overhard and lowered suspension

i have seen a couple that i quite fancy, one has the Mountune kit on - how much does the fuel consumption suffer as its going to be a daily driver for at leat 6 months i can get something to run around in.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Phil
Buy a std and mod it yourself that's what I did.
Fuel figures can be reasonable, depends how hard you hit the loud pedal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I've got to be honest here the ug grabs me the most it is lovely but I couldn't live with the paint mis match when I was looking I looked at a good few ug and the side skirts were shocking it would wind me up big time!!! Not to say they are all like that but the ones I viewed were . PB is nicest clean imo

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The one it didn't go for was PB - i looked at a few, all 3 colours - the blue (looks great when clean) just showed the chips and i walked away.

The one I do still regret even now, it was an 09 - Reg no RS09 BLU (its possible its owned by someone on here).

Cheers for the advice / input above.

Phil

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.