Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, new the RSOC as I was a member of the STOC sister site and regular meets were good fun, seems to be quite shy on here for them?

On the STOC site was a list of regional members, also nothing like that on here?

Just enquiring and looking to meet like minded owners/members.

Thanks Steve

Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
You mean new to the Focus rsoc 馃槈馃憤

there are 3 established meets that take place London/South east

Essex, has got a meet advertised at the moment, usually around the 1st Sunday of each month

Surrey who usually meet on the 2nd Sunday of the month but are venue less at the moment, undoubtedly they will source another venue

Kent who usually meet on the 3rd Sunday of the month at the Mickeys rock diner on the a249 dettling hill Kent,

sometimes venues do vary so keep an eye on this room on the forum for updates 馃憤馃憤

Registered
FW MK2 JWR100. FW MK3 FPM375
Regarding the Surrey meet. I've suggested The King's Head in Frimley Green as a venue. Having been there last week and talking to a staff member about it, it could be a possible. A number of regular Surrey owners are going to RS combe next week. We'll discuss it then 馃憤

Registered
You mean new to the Focus rsoc 馃槈馃憤

there are 3 established meets that take place London/South east

Essex, has got a meet advertised at the moment, usually around the 1st Sunday of each month

Surrey who usually meet on the 2nd Sunday of the month but are venue less at the moment, undoubtedly they will source another venue

Kent who usually meet on the 3rd Sunday of the month at the Mickeys rock diner on the a249 dettling hill Kent,

sometimes venues do vary so keep an eye on this room on the forum for updates 馃憤馃憤
Should I take it that Blackbushe isn't the location for meets then? The last one was well attended.

Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
Should I take it that Blackbushe isn't the location for meets then? The last one was well attended.
at the last meet Frank there was a minor car park ding but inconvenient to say in the least. I asked the tower for cctv footage of the incident to which they obliged but on the same communication said they had reports of cars leaving aggressively with people filming and they don鈥檛 want that behaviour so have asked us not to come back

details on my opening post on page 1 on the pinned Surrey thread, have a read of it please, the manager of the airport鈥檚 email is on there in red lettering

a few of us did leave giving it some beans, myself included but nothing anti social imho

imo they are just being picky, that is a 60mph road for cars not a flipping 20mph zone but none the less Surrey needs a new venue

Registered
Well that's unfortunate. I've never seen any antisocial driving on leaving the car park TBH. As you say the road is 60 mph so no issue with caning it a bit on leaving.
Was it your car that got the ding? If so, were you able to resolve it?
As the next meet is next Sunday can you confirm where it will be?

Registered
FW MK2 JWR100. FW MK3 FPM375
Well that's unfortunate. I've never seen any antisocial driving on leaving the car park TBH. As you say the road is 60 mph so no issue with caning it a bit on leaving.
We have a new venue Frank. See the post with "NEW VENUE" I put up yesterday 馃憤I tagged you on it.

Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
indeed, I think they are being stuck up & stuffy about it, I think the fact that people were filming also wound them up a bit, fortunately for me it wasn鈥檛 my car that was damaged but very unfortunate for another member, it was his mk1 Focus rs that was involved in the collision 馃槱 a real mare as new parts for mk1鈥檚 are not available to buy new anymore 馃槱 he has sourced the parts 2nd hand to carry out the repair and is in the process of finalising the cost/money from the 3rd party insurers who fortunately have admitted liability, a nightmare situation to say in the least and I鈥檓 sure as drivers we have all had similar experiences whilst using our vehicles. The good news is the car in question will not have a category write off recorded against it fortunately, just a straight repair.

Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
As above, new the RSOC as I was a member of the STOC sister site and regular meets were good fun, seems to be quite shy on here for them?

On the STOC site was a list of regional members, also nothing like that on here?

Thanks Steve
@stevejones4497

Steve
Are you going to this Sundays meet at Detling?

I can add you to the WhatsApp group we run for meets , but will need a mobile No and whether you use WhatsApp?

Best to private message your mobile or grab me on Sunday.

Registered
Mk3 RS Frozen White, 2017

Thanks Steve
Hi Steve
Did you come along yesterday (24th @ Detling ? )

Clive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts