Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi everyone first of all i would like to introduce myself my name is Steven and i am new to the forum.

I actually have a question for everyone about the new mk3 RS. I am planning on test driving one when it is released however looks like i wont be testing locally as i've been told by our local ford garage they don't reckon they will be getting a test model (and i'm not buying a 31k car without test driving it first)

I am planning to do it on finance this time round and i was wondering does anyone else have any info on the finance deals? or are most people just buying it out right?.

I will be going in to my local ford to ask but on the phone they weren't very helpful and my brother bought his mk2 RS from there and they where useless.

Also i live in Perth Scotland so if anyone knows of decent ford dealers please let me know :)

Thanks everyone

(oh and also i am sorry is this is in the wrong place i will remove it if it is )

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
welcome!

your choices are Macrae&D*ck, Peoples Edinburgh and Evans Glasgow. I am using Peoples but never used either three garages in the past, so cant compare. equally no issues with peoples.

i did speak with M&D inverness who said they were getting a demo, but had 65people on the wait list....

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Welcome Steven
Not sure on finance deals.
As far as I know people's in Edinburgh evans in Glasgow and M and D in Inverness are the 3 places you can order them. Though I ordered mine through Mand D in Stirling. I am sure there will be a few other places you can order them. Put down a £500 deposit. Not sure when I will actual get the car. It does come out in March. When I spoke to Colin in Stirling he said it could be the summer before I get it.
As for a test drive there's a question not sure there has been one North of the border

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome!

your choices are Macrae&D*ck, Peoples Edinburgh and Evans Glasgow. I am using Peoples but never used either three garages in the past, so cant compare. equally no issues with peoples.

i did speak with M&D inverness who said they were getting a demo, but had 65people on the wait list....
Hey thanks for the reply yeah my brothers friend said that to the M&D in perth wont be getting one but the one up in Inverness will be. 65 people....damn lol might have to give them a call very shortly. thank you for giving me a list of other garages might check the one in glasgow.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Steven
Not sure on finance deals.
As far as I know people's in Edinburgh evans in Glasgow and M and D in Inverness are the 3 places you can order them. Though I ordered mine through Mand D in Stirling. I am sure there will be a few other places you can order them. Put down a £500 deposit. Not sure when I will actual get the car. It does come out in March. When I spoke to Colin in Stirling he said it could be the summer before I get it.
As for a test drive there's a question not sure there has been one North of the border
so seems like there will be quite a long waiting list for you to get you car then might have to check this out sooner than i thought. Is there a minimum that you can put down? also i'm guessing by just puting down a deposit your getting yourself on the list i take it? Sorry for the questions last car i bought was a cooper s brand new and it was delivered within 6 weeks was pretty straight forward, no waiting list for them lol.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
thats strange steven i place my order i stirling. so i thought perth would be the same as they are ordering through inverness

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats strange steven i place my order i stirling. so i thought perth would be the same as they are ordering through invernesssorry
sorry i might have made it unclear ford in perth are taking orders just not having a test vehicle. The reason i dont want to go there is a couple of years ago my brother bought a mk2 rs from there and put it this way they lived up to the second part of there name.

So would rather go to another garage.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Steven

As far as test drives go, I would not hold my breath , until at least around the same time next year, maybe even later, I could not get hold of mk2 in the first year of release either .

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:welcome: to the forum Steven

As far as test drives go, I would not hold my breath , until at least around the same time next year, maybe even later, I could not get hold of mk2 in the first year of release either .
Yeah seems like its going to be a headache to get a test drive. Just off the phone to Evans ford glasgow asking some questions, So looks like im going to be popping through next week to put down my deposit. Is anyone else getting it on finance or are most people just buying it outright?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
i have to say macraes have found very good.in stirling so far. though evans in glasgow had an email out on the 17 th and i had a phone call from them to. but like your brother i have never found evans that easy to deal with

·
Registered
511 Posts
Peoples in Edinburgh are getting a demonstration RS but they don't expect it until January/February time.
Also in Scotland the only Ford Stores are Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. Ironically, you are almost equidistant in the middle of them all.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So after a trip to mcrae and :censored: today to ask a few questions i'm not any further forward. I asked them if they had any info on finance deals replied with what i pretty much expected tbh "we have no information" but she said they did a quote to get a rough idea of what it would be when i was there and with a 1k deposit it would be about 560 a month.

Now i have more than 1k to put down if need be but the thought of paying a mortgage for a car each month isn't appealing. (even though this car looks awesome)

Now i know the cut off date for the first batch of cars is the 8th (or so i've read on here anyway) and i was hoping to make that date but i think i am going to hold off until there are some actual figures as they didn't actually tell me if my 1k deposit was refundable or not, even though i asked twice.

So guess i'll keep and eye out and settle for getting the car a bit later and if i still find its going to be to much theirs always the mk2 rs right guys XD.

Oh i mentioned before my brother had an RS wrong section i know but thought id post anyway

kennyscar1_zpsb9105b0d.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
If your not sure then its a good idea to wait. While the 8th is the cut off ordering before this date doesn't mean you are in the first batch. My dealer has already filled all its first batch allocations so anyone ordering now is on the 2nd batch.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If your not sure then its a good idea to wait. While the 8th is the cut off ordering before this date doesn't mean you are in the first batch. My dealer has already filled all its first batch allocations so anyone ordering now is on the 2nd batch.
Yeah id just rather know for sure how much id be paying, before winging in then finding out the monthly payments are mad. however for now i'll be patient hopefully not to long before they release info for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts