Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought id post up on the new steering wheel finally got fitted the other night. Bought the car beginning of July and actually only driven it twice. Ive done a few simple mods but couldn't resist having a wheel trimmed by Daniel in Germany who advertises on here. Think the finish is superb and absolutely delighted with how it looks and feels.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
I don't like the flat bottom steering wheels, the one on the missis abarth500 is flat I don't feel comfortable with it.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies. The silver trims from donor wheel were slightly marked and painter wasnt confident of matching the original silver finish. I considered carbon dipping but obviously wouldn't match the centre console so for the moment went with piano black to match Mountune gear knob. Ive got an RS overlay badge for the bottom spoke, but also considering an M badge.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Looks good! I was tempted to do something similar but chicken out at the last minute
Surprised to hear you chicken out of a mod, or is just worried about relying on pictures before taking the plunge.
Must admit its good to see something in the flesh before making your mind up.

For those that are interested its Daniel G. I bought a wheel off ebay and sent it to Dan with details of trim. Ive still
got the original wheel which is still brand new, so didnt want that altering.

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,067 Posts
Surprised to hear you chicken out of a mod, or is just worried about relying on pictures before taking the plunge.
Must admit its good to see something in the flesh before making your mind up.

For those that are interested its Daniel Gostomski. I bought a wheel off ebay and sent it to Dan with details of trim. Ive still
got the original wheel which is still brand new, so didnt want that altering.
I kinda felt i needed the keep to a simple oem look, i didnt want to change to much inside the car. But seeing yours i would of got the flat bottom part and the rest near like oem. It looks great and gives owners another great alternative.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts