Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to purchase the new rs and sell my golf 7r so popped into local ford dealer in Swindon and wasn't overly impressed. Thought I'll give another dealer a try and spoke to Andy at kidlington ford and within 10 minutes on the phone had paid deposit and specced by new rs. Roll on next year.

·
Registered
788 Posts
:welcome: Great feeling waiting for a new Ford especially when its one as special as an RS.
Not when you feel like your making no progress as I do :facepalm:

Decided to purchase the new rs and sell my golf 7r so popped into local ford dealer in Swindon and wasn't overly impressed. Thought I'll give another dealer a try and spoke to Andy at kidlington ford and within 10 minutes on the phone had paid deposit and specced by new rs. Roll on next year.
Welcome fellow :rs: Newbie :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

just a couple questions surrounding the move from the Golf R to the Focus RS if its not too much trouble.

Firstly why the move?

Secondly are you t all worried about the lower fit/finish of the RS compared to the Golf R?

I only ask as I am a proper VW fan and am considering the Golf R / R400 for my next car but the Focus RS is too on my radar, just worried I may miss the Volkswagen build/finish etc.

:)

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hi there,

just a couple questions surrounding the move from the Golf R to the Focus RS if its not too much trouble.

Firstly why the move?
Secondly are you t all worried about the lower fit/finish of the RS compared to the Golf R?

I only ask as I am a proper VW fan and am considering the Golf R / R400 for my next car but the Focus RS is too on my radar, just worried I may miss the Volkswagen build/finish etc.

Personally after 4 very poorly finished VW/Audi cars, I will not be worried about having a Ford. I think the VW 'quality' is simply a myth :yep: Remember the Focus RS is built in Saarlouis. A lot of the VW cars are built in places like Turkey. Also you shouldn't have any emissions issues with the Ford :wink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi there,

Firstly why the move?

I wouldn't worry about it. I came from an Audi and BMW to the new ST (RS will get the same interior) and am very happy with it. There are a few cheaper, harder plastics used in some areas compared to the Audi and it seems pretty much on par with the F20 1 series. If your priorities are a quality finish over what will probably be one of the best hot hatches to drive (RS) then you might as well get a Jaaaaaag.

I agree with ThcKid in that this VW quality stuff (compared to other marques) is a bit of a myth perpetuated by the VW biased motoring press. I suspect that might stop soon now VAG's marketing budget will have to be put to other uses :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Personally after 4 very poorly finished VW/Audi cars, I will not be worried about having a Ford. I think the VW 'quality' is simply a myth :yep: Remember the Focus RS is built in Saarlouis. A lot of the VW cars are built in places like Turkey. Also you shouldn't have any emissions issues with the Ford :wink:
Exactly, and as pointed out - you wont me misold TDI either :bleh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts