Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I'm a new member to the forum from New Zealand having recently replaced my 3 Door Sierra Cosworth with a FW MK2 - and absolutely loving it!

My car is one of the 10 cars Ford NZ sold new with the MP350 kit. Not being too sure if the previous owner had updated from the 'SC' to 'SD' calibration I thought I better get it checked during it's service - Anyhoo to my surprise the technician comes out after finishing and says there is a later version available, and 'SE' map (9M51-12A650-SE).

Has anybody else come across this new version?

Jason

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,881 Posts
I'm a little out of touch but...

Ford CG aligned to Mountune SB, Ford CJ to Mountune SC...

So it would make sense that the latest Mountune calibration is SE to match the Ford CL.

As your car is a true MP350 the calibration is available on Ford IDS anyway so will show up at service (as it has done) if the car is hooked up.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,881 Posts
Just to clarify...

The Mountune 'MP' calibrations are aligned to the base Ford calibrations, so any new Ford release will be mirrored by Mountune.

The Mountune 'MR' calibrations are in effect stand alone products so don't follow the Ford lead, it's up to Mountune to release new calibrations.

·
Registered
15,720 Posts
Just to clarify...

The Mountune 'MP' calibrations are aligned to the base Ford calibrations, so any new Ford release will be mirrored by Mountune.

The Mountune 'MR' calibrations are in effect stand alone products so don't follow the Ford lead, it's up to Mountune to release new calibrations.
I agree but the maps still are layed on a ford cal so still would follow in a round about kind of way
Im sure because of their nature they can't be over written if they are plugged in
But I'm still a wind bag and tell them not to chance it (with the MR cals)

Il ask as im in again soon for some clarification
As im proper curious type of fellow to see if Mr does follow

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Just to clarify...

Spot on Andy :thumbsup: Dave Moore explained this to me some time ago, basically if Fords calibration is adjusted for whatever reason the ford parameters in Mountune's calibration will follow.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
My MP350+ was the sweet spot! :yep:
(MP350+ plenum+ recirc valve with optional CAT-Back)
If I could do it all again I'd go back to that... Very smooth! :cool:
...an RS500 with the plenum, recirc & my ceramic black tips would be the sweeeeeeeeet :mf_dribble: :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Nick

I'm also in Auckland (Central City).

Actually I think I have an old copy of G-Force magazine with your car featured (back when it was MP350 spec). I see a couple of pictures of your car at the monthly Caffeine and Classics on the North Shore too.

Should meet up for a car chat and a cruise! Will flick you a PM.

Cheers

Jase

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.