Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
NICE!

Can't wait for the 7am release (even though other douchebag website have it already) and the 12pm video

·
Registered
681 Posts
It's very cool but not mindblowing and is on par with other similar powered AWD cars in the class. I think I'll hang on for in gear and 100mph times.

@cornerexit Yes, bonnet vents would be lovely... :bleh:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
It's very cool but not mindblowing and is on par with other similar powered AWD cars in the class. I think I'll hang on for in gear and 100mph times.

@cornerexit Yes, bonnet vents would be lovely... :bleh:
What cars are we considering as in class? if you are looking at around the £30k mark there is:

Subaru WRX STi - 5.2 secs

VW Golf R - 5.1 secs

Focus RS - 4.7 secs

I would say that is significantly better than the rest of the class

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
What cars are we considering as in class? if you are looking at around the £30k mark there is:

Subaru WRX STi - 5.2 secs
VW Golf R - 5.1 secs
Focus RS - 4.7 secs

I would say that is significantly better than the rest of the class
I think he was talking about a base price A45 at 40k and RS3, which top ups at 55k fully loaded without even an option of bucket seats :rofl:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Edit: beaten by the above :) Ford are referencing them and the price differences (base spec to base spec) so they must see them as competition still.
A45 and RS3 are around 0.4 secs quicker to 60 but it would be interesting to see how they all perform on a track. Got a feeling that the RS will offer a better time than either of those as it probably wont understeer like the RS3 and is probably going to be lighter than the AMG A45. Combine that with the type of AWD system and I think it will compare with these marques even though its going to be £10-20k less cost price. I think the figures stack up nicely

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.