Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after my rs was stolen I had a big decision to make give up on cars or start again. I loved my rs.i was and still am there biggest fan. Great all round car. Always been a ford fan. But my insurance wouldn't give me what I wanted or what it was worth. So I needed to put money towards a new car. I didn't want to put money to a car I already had. It felt to me as I was spending thousands to get my old car back. So I decided to try something else. Got a golf r. Fully loaded. Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire just want say thanks to all on here for help and the information here. I am going to stay on here and keep an eye on what's going on.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was tempted by the mk3 but I couldn't wait till next year as I needed a car ASAP. Hope it is all you wanted. The dsg is very good. And the drive out of corners is brilliant. No hint of wheel spin and it never feels like it's anywhere near to losing traction. Still getting use to the car yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks really nice im contemplating getting a modified RS shortly or a new golf r each day i have a different opinion!

Can you compare it to your RS? What you like / dislike and which you prefer.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Nice one! Sorry to hear the insurance company didn't pay what you wanted, but good to hear you're not letting the scum beat you! Just don't forget the ol Blue Oval... ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote name="Mclovin" post="3296673" timestamp="1443980894"]Looks really nice im contemplating getting a modified RS shortly or a new golf r each day i have a different opinion!

My rs started at 300 bhp hatchback same as the golf. Rs was even blue. At the end rs was 370bhp. So I thought the golf was going to feel a lot slower. But I was a bit surprised it didn't feel as slow as I built it up in my mind. I hadn't drove an rs in 12 weeks which was killing me but it doesn't feel that much difference in power well not 70bhp anyway. Only thing I didn't like about the rs was the seat was about 2" to high and not much you could do about it and for me I didn't like the door cards the grey plastic. That's it. Loved it 100%. Glad I got one and do miss it. To me it always wanted to go fast. It was hard to drive normal.not a bad thing. The golf has 2 very different sides to it. When I'm going work at 5am I put it in comfort mode heated seats on and radar guided cruise control on and its nice and easy. Just what I need when I'm half asleep n just want to get to work. But on the way home put it in race mode and it's completely different. It great. It's got a 5 cylinder noise to it. It reminds my of the rs. The up shifts in the dsg are very fast. Can't tell you how good it is. Revs all the way to red line with no flat spots or it never feels like its running out of boost. Puts the power down easy loads of grip no spin and timed it 0-60 and it was 4.7secs which I'm very happy with. Once mapped its 0-60 in 3.6secs. Can't wait. Not had it long enough yet to really find out what's it's like and what I don't like about it. Will let you know when iv had it longer. It does 30 mpg easy and I have been driving it hard ish being new and taking friends out in it. They said they like the golf. Some more that the rs. It's 180 road tax. So cheaper that rs which is a small bonus. Vw build quality is very good. But we all new that. Will update when iv had it longer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just want to say thanks again for the messages. Nah I'm sticking around here and will always be a blue oval boy. Still seem to watch more focus rs vids on you tube. That shows how much the rs meant to me and its got a big place in my heart. May end up getting another one one day. You never know

·
Registered
49 Posts
[quote name="Mclovin" post="3296673" timestamp="1443980894"]Looks really nice im contemplating getting a modified RS shortly or a new golf r each day i have a different opinion!

My rs started at 300 bhp hatchback same as the golf. Rs was even blue. At the end rs was 370bhp. So I thought the golf was going to feel a lot slower. But I was a bit surprised it didn't feel as slow as I built it up in my mind. I hadn't drove an rs in 12 weeks which was killing me but it doesn't feel that much difference in power well not 70bhp anyway. Only thing I didn't like about the rs was the seat was about 2" to high and not much you could do about it and for me I didn't like the door cards the grey plastic. That's it. Loved it 100%. Glad I got one and do miss it. To me it always wanted to go fast. It was hard to drive normal.not a bad thing. The golf has 2 very different sides to it. When I'm going work at 5am I put it in comfort mode heated seats on and radar guided cruise control on and its nice and easy. Just what I need when I'm half asleep n just want to get to work. But on the way home put it in race mode and it's completely different. It great. It's got a 5 cylinder noise to it. It reminds my of the rs. The up shifts in the dsg are very fast. Can't tell you how good it is. Revs all the way to red line with no flat spots or it never feels like its running out of boost. Puts the power down easy loads of grip no spin and timed it 0-60 and it was 4.7secs which I'm very happy with. Once mapped its 0-60 in 3.6secs. Can't wait. Not had it long enough yet to really find out what's it's like and what I don't like about it. Will let you know when iv had it longer. It does 30 mpg easy and I have been driving it hard ish being new and taking friends out in it. They said they like the golf. Some more that the rs. It's 180 road tax. So cheaper that rs which is a small bonus. Vw build quality is very good. But we all new that. Will update when iv had it longer.

Cheers for that i know how good the dsg is i had an edition 30 which was stage 2 and the dsg was stage 2 software running 340bhp it was very quick indeed.

Im tempted to get the golf as like you say can be a nice comfortable cruiser then switch to an animal and the dsg makes the thing fly!

Still unsure myself but enjoy mate!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Looks nice in that colour :nice:

Hope you've added some security though, obviously not much of a talking point here but thefts for those are higher than the RS I think :cry:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'm a massive golf fan brilliant cars and that is a lovely car , right colour choice mate ! ,as matt has said they are sought after in the wrong way , s3 and rs3 is seemingly number1 target currently , they prob just waiting for mk3 !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts