Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wipers on the car have never been changed, and in the rain the other day they were making such a horrific noise on the windscreen I almost jumped out and ripped them off.

So it's time for some new ones, had a look on Ebay and was wondering if these would be direct replacements?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-Aerotwin-A978S-Flat-Front-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-FORD-FOCUS-PEUGEOT-207-/301706304791?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus%7CCars+Year%3A2010%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+II%7CCars+Type%3A2.5+RS&hash=item463f18dd17

According to the advert they are but know you guys are the best people to ask :smile:

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
Wipers on the car have never been changed, and in the rain the other day they were making such a horrific noise on the windscreen I almost jumped out and ripped them off.

So it's time for some new ones, had a look on Ebay and was wondering if these would be direct replacements?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-Aerotwin-A978S-Flat-Front-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-FORD-FOCUS-PEUGEOT-207-/301706304791?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus%7CCars+Year%3A2010%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+II%7CCars+Type%3A2.5+RS&hash=item463f18dd17

According to the advert they are but know you guys are the best people to ask :smile:
Can't answer your question as I don't know.

I will say "you can't go wrong with the original ones from Ford". Mine is still on the original ones & they are still fine so why risk using something else that may or maynot be as good.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool thanks...the Ford ones are Bosch anyway I think?

Any ideas where would be the best place to get them?

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
OEM best way to go, I remember getting some aftermarket ones and for want of a better word were ****. so just bought OEM from fords straight away.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I've just bought front and rear from the eBay seller in Clive's link, so much better having fresh new wipers :) :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
my first replacement set were Bosch aero ones, didn't rate them at all tbh, recent set of oem off the bay are perfect ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought a set of silicon PIAA wipers for my scooby a few years back and they were hands down the best wipers I've ever bought! Or even seen!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ordered the ones from the above link yesterday should have them tomorrow.

Though think I might need a rear one now too!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought a set of silicon PIAA wipers for my scooby a few years back and they were hands down the best wipers I've ever bought! Or even seen!
I've looked at these PIAA blades at demon tweeks, so they're good are they rob? You'd hope so for twice the price of the Ford ones though,

·
Registered
213 Posts
The OEM ones have guides on them to tell you when to replace... when looking from driver seat and looking at the blades you will see a circle ljke dot in the middle of the blade. If its yellow its time to replace. A mate of mine who has an ST failed its MOT because of it... ha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.