Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tips applying tint film to the rear lights? I've tried before and it was so difficult with the shape of the lights. Gave up in the end. Ive bought some more and was about to try again.

I was using soapy water and a heat gun but no luck lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
May be a silly question but are you taking the lights off the car. Removed mine, flye eye for £9.99 and it looks the part.

I set the lights on the fly eye then worked from the middle to the edges smoothing creases out

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Of course I am lol. First time i done it i had 3 other ppl helping me. Took us about 4 hours in total. One holding it. Another with the heat gun. One applying the film and the other smoothing it out. Just dont understand how you bend it around the corners. Just ripples everywhere at the bottom of the light. Must be companies somewhere that do them.
I tried soapy water this time but just ruined it straight away as it just wouldn't stick lol. Must of taken its stickiness away after squeezing the water out haha.
I don't know anyone with tinted lights so cant ask them either.

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,176 Posts
Of course I am lol. First time i done it i had 3 other ppl helping me. Took us about 4 hours in total. One holding it. Another with the heat gun. One applying the film and the other smoothing it out. Just dont understand how you bend it around the corners. Just ripples everywhere at the bottom of the light. Must be companies somewhere that do them.
I tried soapy water this time but just ruined it straight away as it just wouldn't stick lol. Must of taken its stickiness away after squeezing the water out haha.
I don't know anyone with tinted lights so cant ask them either.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble but I did laugh at the thought of four of you still failing to apply the tint film :yep:

If you lived nearer to me I'd do them for you :yep:

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,176 Posts
Does sound funny lol. I am using a solid film not the ones with little holes in like the flyeye ones. Really do not like those ones.
You need to cover the main part of the light first & when you get to the corners with gentle heat you need to stretch the film so you get no creases. It's not impossible but it does take time & care.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.