Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used MyKey before?

Anyone know what kind of features will be available on the RS implementation of MyKey or has that information not been released yet?

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
the wifes got it on her fiesta st180 but ive never set it up,bit pointless really unless you are going to let the kids drive your brand new rs :rofl:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I put a max speed on my ST of 70 for the first 1000miles and chimes to alert me when approaching 75. Turned them off as they all annoyed me :lol:

·
Registered
363 Posts
i would like heated seats but according to my dealer who emailed ford this morning when i was there, there wont be any heated seats

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Could be handy when you get the car serviced to restrict the speed to 30mph. Could even be a theft deterrent for long stay car parks and the like depending on what the lowest speed is you can set. Be handy if its 5mph !

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Would be handy if MyKey remembered the drive and damper settings, my other half is very likely to want a different setup to me.

Trouble is she'd do her usual thing of leave her keys at home and borrow mine so it wouldn't work anyway...

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Could be handy when you get the car serviced to restrict the speed to 30mph. Could even be a theft deterrent for long stay car parks and the like depending on what the lowest speed is you can set. Be handy if its 5mph !
One feature of the viper system is the option to put a virtual "fence" around the car's location, and an alert so that you know if its been driven more than a certain distance from the garage, also an alert if the car is driven over a specified speed.. So test drive after service can be monitored and "discussed" later should there be evidence of misuse.

Sorry if this seems a bit off-topic.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Could be handy when you get the car serviced to restrict the speed to 30mph.
Would be handy if MyKey remembered the drive and damper settings, my other half is very likely to want a different setup to me.

Trouble is she'd do her usual thing of leave her keys at home and borrow mine so it wouldn't work anyway...
They are the kind of functions I had in mind.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts