Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, here is my RS that I've had for 3 months, mp350 with oz racing wheels.

This was my first track day and I loved it! I was slightly nervous as I forgot to get insurance oops !

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blitzed everything on the straights except a New evo, I wasn't really pushing it too much. I was well impressed with the handling, felt really composed and solid. I was just on normal road tires. A lot of the boys there were regulars with track tires etc. they probably spent hours in prep, I literally got up, drive to the track, drove around it all day and drove home. Lol. Doing what the RS was designed to to. Was awesome to be fair.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a bit of a taste for it now, I was extremely anxious, 20k car is a bit much to track with no insurance! I was ****ting myself! So I went out the day later and got myself a 2004 clio 182 just to track. Will probably track the RS once a year as a treat. Lol.
I'm being biased but it was by far the nicest car there : )

Got loads of attention.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Good to hear the RS performed well, I have always thought the RS was the underdog when it comes to track racing due to it being a heavyweight! Lol

Would love to track mine but as you say 20k car is a bit of a risk and I would hate to end up with a load chipped paint on the front end!

My son and me are currently preparing a Corsa b with a C20let engine running a turbo of a Toyoto Supra for track, it's stupidly fast only weighs 900kg with 300hp plus, so will have ago with this instead.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That will probably be a lot more fun too! I've stripped the clio so that's probably about 900kg but with about 200bhp. Looking forward to giving it a go!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes if was a great day, weather was brilliant too. Every petrolhead has to do one. im lucky as the track is only 15 mins from me, its only about 45 seconds a lap but still great fun, I got 150 pics, £20 for a disk off the photographer. Few duplicates uploaded as a two year old was climbing all over me at the time while doing it on my iPad.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
It's what the RS does best imo! They come alive on track, even in standard form. I only do one a year at the most, just got to take it easy and have some mechanical sympathy, and remember not to do anything stupid! ;) That said, i would say there is more chance of stupid things happening on the public roads so i'd take the track any day! Haha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.