Focus RS Forum banner
161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
So less than a year ago I sold this car and today I bought it back missed this car so much huge thanks to Adam for picking it up from York for me

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Just been chatting on Facebook Giles...
Not many get a chance to buy back their old cars!
So glad you managed it mate....now dont even contemplate selling again! You have been told!!! 😂
Happy motoring fella

CheeRS

Scott

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Just been chatting on Facebook Giles...
Not many get a chance to buy back their old cars!
So glad you managed it mate....now dont even contemplate selling again! You have been told!!!
Happy motoring fella
CheeRS
Scott
It was a bad lockdown decision mate Iam wanted a s1 again but forgot just how hard they are to drive.

For me the mk2 reminds me of a modern rs turbo if you like still look insane but a lot more drivable. I was lucky enough to make good money on the s1 so carnt really complain

·
Premium Member
UG MK2 Clubsport & NB MK3 FPM 375
506 Posts
@Turbocat Congratulations on being able buy your old car back. With the recent increase in prices of the MK2 was there much difference in your selling price and your buying price. Hopefully it wasn't too much but this should serve as a lesson to those members who are unsure as to whether or not they really want to sell their MK2 :nice:

·
Premium Member
3,091 Posts
Funny you should compare the rs turbo with the MK2 as I always say to people when asked about my MK2 "it's a glorified rs turbo" :lol: I think the MK1 FRS is closer to the turbo as I've heard owners that I know say that they feel like a rst but I like to use the glorified rst line as it makes for good humour :lol:

I went from a 1990 4x4 Sapphire Cosworth to my focus and I have to say I would not want to go back to an older car again, yes it was a cult car and it was quick but at the time I broke it up and sold it to buy the Focus it was 24 years old with technology on it that was developed in the mid 80's, it felt old to drive whereas the focus was coming up to five years old when I bought it and it felt nice and tight to drive and still does, a night and day, chalk and cheese difference as it's a later car with later technology in its build. I'd only sell my Focus if I absolutely had to. There is no car on the market that I fancy or could realistically afford to replace it and to be honest I've had enough of spending thousands of pounds on cars now and I just want to pay the mortgage off and retire : yep: :lol:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Funny you should compare the rs turbo with the MK2 as I always say to people when asked about my MK2 "it's a glorified rs turbo" :lol: I think the MK1 FRS is closer to the turbo as I've heard owners that I know say that they feel like a rst but I like to use the glorified rst line as it makes for good humour :lol:

I went from a 1990 4x4 Sapphire Cosworth to my focus and I have to say I would not want to go back to an older car again, yes it was a cult car and it was quick but at the time I broke it up and sold it to buy the Focus it was 24 years old with technology on it that was developed in the mid 80's, it felt old to drive whereas the focus was coming up to five years old when I bought it and it felt nice and tight to drive and still does, a night and day, chalk and cheese difference as it's a later car with later technology in its build. I'd only sell my Focus if I absolutely had to. There is no car on the market that I fancy or could realistically afford to replace it and to be honest I've had enough of spending thousands of pounds on cars now and I just want to pay the mortgage off and retire : yep: :lol:
Certainly Jimmy the day i got in a MK1 FRS reminded me of my Series 2 RST for sure

Me personally the MK2 is a beast of its own pedigree :yep:

·
Premium Member
Mk3 RS Frozen White, 2017
1,909 Posts
I'd only sell my Focus if I absolutely had to. There is no car on the market that I fancy or could realistically afford to replace it and to be honest I've had enough of spending thousands of pounds on cars now and I just want to pay the mortgage off and retire : yep: :lol:
Jimmy. Now you've sorted the Ashtray, you reached the Nirvana of ownership !!!! :rofl: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,091 Posts
Jimmy. Now you've sorted the Ashtray, you reached the Nirvana of ownership !!!! :rofl: :thumbsup:
Well I wouldnt quite put it like that but the ashtray project has been successful and exciting Im pleased we have sorted it out in the end :yep:

Looking forward to putting my interior back together :lol:
Motor vehicle Gear shift Vehicle Car Hood

Attachments

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Funny you should compare the rs turbo with the MK2 as I always say to people when asked about my MK2 its a glorified rs turbo :lol: I think the MK1 FRS is closer to the turbo as Ive heard owners that I know say that they feel like a rst but I like to use the glorified rst line as it makes for good humour :lol:

I went from a 1990 4x4 Sapphire Cosworth to my focus and I have to say I would not want to go back to an older car again, yes it was a cult car and it was quick but at the time I broke it up and sold it to buy the Focus it was 24 years old with technology on it that was developed in the mid 80s, it felt old to drive whereas the focus was coming up to five years old when I bought it and it felt nice and tight to drive and still does, a night and day, chalk and cheese difference as its a later car with later technology in its build. Id only sell my Focus if I absolutely had to. There is no car on the market that I fancy or could realistically afford to replace it and to be honest Ive had enough of spending thousands of pounds on cars now and I just want to pay the mortgage off and retire : yep: :lol:
Have to agree Ive had a mk1 frs and they are very similar. Mk1 didnt feel special enough for me and really couldnt stand the seats.

Over the moon to be back in a mk2

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Up early for a wash and polish then a 80 miles drive just to remember how fun they are to drive.

Few bits needed if anyone has any spares

Front seat covers again 😂
Alcons front breaks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,023 Posts
Wow cool what a brilliant outcome!! :cool:

I agree get some alcons bought from Mountune now that they are offering them again! :wub:

Best mod I bought for my old Mk2 was Alcon brakes! :mf_dribble: :woohoo: 8) :nice:

161 - 180 of 212 Posts