Little bit quiet since the isle of wight, next up came ford fair, a great day as always, unfortunately the first time I've seen rain at that show but still had a great time and managed to get some goodies for the rs. Got myself aortec intercooler to replace the old radtec one, a Kms sports cat 😜, lower torque mount, a spec r crossover pipe, anembo engine cover, climair wind deflectors, some paintmodz bits a new silicone hose for the group a as I want to overhaul the look of the engine bay.
Just as a little feedback for the latest mods I found the torque mount very shakey for the first few days, there was a real noticeable vibration from the engine for the first few days obviously with this being alot stiffer but has since disappeared, it was so obvious I thought about removing it but now it's fine so if you are fitting one just hold out for a few days/week the difference is worth it. airtec intercooler looks huge in comparison to the radtec, really fills the grill up and the fitting was very easy. Sports cat made no real difference to sound not sure why 😉 Excuse the filthy car but a quick snap just after fitting torque mount, wind deflectors, sports cat and the airtec intercooler. Spent the evening at caffiene and machine for my birthday and got a few cool snaps of the car whilst I was there (this was before I fitted latest mods.
This was just a few days before fitting the new mods, just got my engine bay bits to do today then I will update the fresh look of the engine bay, won't be quite complete as I still want to get a few more bits. Will be looking into a forged engine build next. Not necessarily for extra power but as a refresh/reliability. Currently trying to decide to go between bd performance or devil developments 🤔
Got my spec r crossover today, and what a quality piece of kit, well worth the wait and fits perfectly with no need for uprated hose from turbo, changed up my engine bay also, been fancying the stealth look for a while, I had some paintmodz bits also to fit which really helps with the look
Also decided to remove the symposer whilst I was at it, will remove the top section properly when I get a chance. Looking to upgrade my boost pipes and do forged engine build next, then that's pretty much as far as I'll go with her 😊 for now....
Been a while since I updated this! 4 months of it was waiting to try fix an abs fault I had, spent 3 months at one garage changing various parts etc. Ended up having to get the car back and go elsewhere which luckily they solved the issue within a day! And luckily just in time before my yearly trip to the isle of wight takeover.
For a while I wanted to do something with the back because of the club sport cage and I managed to get a good deal on a jc club sport false floor in alcantara
However I wasn't finished with this space, I have always liked subwoofers and bass, so I planned a small boot build, not something I had done before but happy with how it turned out. Unfortunately I changed my mind on placement half way through so the logos need flipping and also got the wrong colour alcantara but I ran out of time before isle of wight to get anymore.
However isle of wight didn't come without it's issues, handbrake cable was getting stuck on when I got there, had to disconnect it to stop my rear brakes from cooking. So spent the trip using a piece of wood as a handbrake. Also seem to have lost a little bit of boost, which I have had the car smoke tested since being back and perhaps putting this down to an actuator issue or even maybe a faulty turbosmart recirc valve, still currently investigating this.
I have however fitted a brand new genuine ford handbrake cable, took me 3 attempts to get the correct one! And what a pig of a job. All fixed now along with two new rear calipers aswell.
Did some investing into the boost leak/low boost issue I was having. This wasn't a major issue, the car actually ended up being 3 psi down throughout the rev range. I bought myself a smoke/pressure tester and tested all the boost pipes for leaks. This came back fine, I also tested the turbosmart recirc valve with a Mitty vac and again this can back fine. How ever I did also test the actuator (still standard) and noticed with the mittyvac this was opening at 4psi instead of the 7psi it should be, being completely open by 12/13 psi as apposed to the 15/16 psi it should be. So this was the issue, I ordered myself a turbosmart unit to replace the old worn standard item, set up myself with a Mitty vac. Also replaced all my coolant hoses with a set of Pro hoses from airtec as I had one or two pipes on the verge of splitting. When removing the anembo plenum to check for boost leaks I also noticed the standard gaskets where very worn and very flat, probably almost to the point of leaking so I replaced those at the same time. I am currently booked into sabre next Friday just to give the map a check over and reoptimize to the new mods, I've also replaced the intercooler, cat back exhaust and the crossover since I previously had the car mapped so would like to benefit these changes where possible! I'll update with results after the Dyno/mapping.