·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I went to have a look today here's my thoughts
Nice car they will sell very well
if your a family of 4 you will need to chop legs off to sit in the back
It sounded poor for a 5litre
A few pics I took on iPhone
Clothing Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Clothing Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gear shift Clothing Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
I suppose you could always import one if you could obtain a car which I think would be very unlikely. It's a shame it wasn't available here after all Europe are building the MK3 RS for the American market.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Was it stationary revving or under load?

I ask because whenever noise tested for trackdays my car sounds **** revved at ideal for the static test. Sounds under powered and lacking in litres and decibels.

However once under load and being used in anger I always get people commenting how well it sounds.

Maybe this is another engine that needs load to be appreciated?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was it stationary revving or under load?
I ask because whenever noise tested for trackdays my car sounds :censored: revved at ideal for the static test. Sounds under powered and lacking in litres and decibels.
However once under load and being used in anger I always get people commenting how well it sounds.
Maybe this is another engine that needs load to be appreciated?
It was just sat reving in the show room

I think the car looks really cool and I hope someone I know buys one so a can drive one but for my needs I will stick with the Focus

We are going upto the lakes next week 2 adults 2 teens plus bags the RS has no issues however I couldn't do that in the mustang tho it has a real good size boot the back seats become useless when I'm driving

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
It was just sat reving in the show room

I think the car looks really cool and I hope someone I know buys one so a can drive one but for my needs I will stick with the Focus

We are going upto the lakes next week 2 adults 2 teens plus bags the RS has no issues however I couldn't do that in the mustang tho it has a real good size boot the back seats become useless when I'm driving
I wouldn't have expected that when you consider the size of the mustang.

That's one of the things I love about the focus. It's just so capable for everything I want to do with it, whether that be ferrying the family round or ragging on track. I can't beat it with any other potential car purchase without spending a lot of cash on something like a c63 estate

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Saw it in Leeds. Probably the only Ford product at the minute that would tempt me out of the RS.

However... The one thing that was concerning was the state of the interior... I know its a demo car but it wont of done many miles and the interior looked well used. The sagging in the leather was terrible and the side bolsters from people getting in and out were well worn!

Use it daily and do 10k a year in it, dread to think what it will be like!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Saw it in Leeds. Probably the only Ford product at the minute that would tempt me out of the RS.
However... The one thing that was concerning was the state of the interior... I know its a demo car but it wont of done many miles and the interior looked well used. The sagging in the leather was terrible and the side bolsters from people getting in and out were well worn!
Use it daily and do 10k a year in it, dread to think what it will be like!!
It would look well with recaro cs front seats

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.