Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi first post so take it easy on me lol
I have mud flaps on my Mk2 and was thinking they do look after the sides of the car,do you think the Mk3 will look good with them on? I dont want my new car to have road rash down the sides if i can help it.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
When it comes out get some pvc mudflap material from eBay (cheap material you cut yourself, a member put a link here the other day, run a search to see) and put them on the car to see what they look like. Only way you'll tell if you like them. Then look into some Kaylan mudflaps, they're good. I'd have them anyway to protect the paint but may trim them down if they look too loud as the mk3 is a less shouty car.

·
Premium Member
23,434 Posts
I made my own for less than £30 for all 4 on my mk2, put them on the day after i bought the car brand new & still on there going strong.

I have compared my car to others of the same age / mileage & the difference in stonechip damage is amazing.

I made my own as i didn't want flaps that stuck out 'rally flap' style but more OE type look, maybe Ford will actually do a set of OE flaps for this model.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
I have compared my car to others of the same age / mileage & the difference in stonechip damage is amazing.
I've never been a fan of mud flaps, the look has never been aesthetically pleasing to my eye. Some more OEM styled would be a different matter of course (I've seen yours before of course but never looked that closely).

Also the difference you mention in stone chips etc would have to balance the 'look' aspect for me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I''ll be getting some for mine, don't know what sort yet if there aren't oem ones but like the paint on my car too much not to have them even if they do look a bit ****

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Do Ford do them for the ST, the fronts should fit the RS not sure how different the rear RS bumper is.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wait, you have mudflaps for MK3s? Any up close photos? I've been looking for molded mudflaps but beyond the standard stiff piece of plastic type they are not offered here in the states. They have some for non ST but they are not a direct fit for the ST due to different body work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is there any mud flaps made for the mk3 yet as that will be one of the first buys if so has anyone got any pictures of them fitted

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Is there any mud flaps made for the mk3 yet as that will be one of the first buys if so has anyone got any pictures of them fitted
You can get ford sown ones and they fit the RS, just the fronts need a bit of extra tape and be a added

Rally Armour and Performance Creations also supply them... they might be listed for the mk3 ST but they are an identical fit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts