Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
As some of you may well know after following the build thread on my own :rs: we had a little while ago we sent my other halfs 1.0 Ecoboost fiesta Mountune for an MR165 conversion which i would recommend to anyone with a 1.0 ecoboost :nice:

20150624_183745.jpg

20150624_191317.jpg

20150624_183752.jpg

Following on from that, around 3 weeks later a transit van decided to make contact with the rear of her car at junction which made a lovely mess of it as you can see from the photos above and meant it spent nearly 2 months being fixed of which they did a great job and you would be lucky to tell if anything ever happened :thumbsup:

20150925_172317.jpg

20150925_172335.jpg

20150925_172352.jpg

20150925_172301.jpg

20150925_172242.jpg

So my treat to her as of friday last week was to complete the car for her, it went into Mountune HQ for its 1st service but also had the sort shift arm, roll resistor and mountune gear :censored: fitted plus a full set of mountune car matts. To finally finish it off it was fully dentagoed, Black and Red Ford overlays added, had the ST led headlights fitted, rear diffuser and a Milltek cat back system :nice: Personally i think the little car has come out great for her as a daily driver. All the looks and speed of the ST now but with all the benefits of the Ecoboost engine :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,996 Posts
What a shame that had to happen but glad it's all sorted now! :yep:
What nice little cars they are! :cool:
:nice:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the comments guys, i must say i think the little fez has come out well, plus at its the Ecoboost still get the cheap tax, great MPG and cheaper insurance than the :ST: but still have the power and now the looks to match one :nice:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, my Mrs has the same in red also. been thinking about getting the rear diffuser and MP135.
Would really recomend either the MP135 or MR165 on the ecoboost, they are great little engines :nice:

If you do go for the diffuser you will have to either get a cat back as i did or you can get a clip on tip for the existing system, if you dont you will have a bit of a hole where the exhaust should be hence i went for the cat back :nice:

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Would really recomend either the MP135 or MR165 on the ecoboost, they are great little engines :nice:

If you do go for the diffuser you will have to either get a cat back as i did or you can get a clip on tip for the existing system, if you dont you will have a bit of a hole where the exhaust should be hence i went for the cat back :nice:
Yeah would go for a back box, how much effect has Mr165 had on mpg.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah would go for a back box, how much effect has Mr165 had on mpg.
Mr165 hasn't really lost her alot, the average its doing is between 40 and 42mpg, it is her daily driver and she said hasn't really noticed any difference other than the performance :nice:

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Mr165 hasn't really lost her alot, the average its doing is between 40 and 42mpg, it is her daily driver and she said hasn't really noticed any difference other than the performance :nice:
That would be my Mrs main concern not mine :laughing:

How much is the complete MR165 package?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
That would be my Mrs main concern not mine :laughing:

How much is the complete MR165 package?
Complete MR165 was £1400 so fair bit over the MP135 however it is a great kit and turns the 1.0 into abit of an animal tbh :laughing: :nice:

Just seen £1399 was it free fitting at HQ?
Yeah i think it was mate :nice:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Nice motor but £1399 seems like a lot of money for an upgrade without Cams? What exactly are you paying for?
Well for that you get the 70 plus horse power conversion which reduces the 0-60 time by a full 2.2 seconds over the standard car and includes new intercooler, airbox, all the boost pipes / hoses, remap and mountune handset, plus a 12,000mile warranty :nice:

I personally think it was well worth the money as i dont really see what difference a set of cam's would make to the 1.0 ecoboost should someone do them being it still runs the standard turbo, plus the mid range on the 165 conversion is quiet something as it is :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Well for that you get the 70 plus horse power conversion which reduces the 0-60 time by a full 2.2 seconds over the standard car and includes new intercooler, airbox, all the boost pipes / hoses, remap and mountune handset, plus a 12,000mile warranty :nice:

I personally think it was well worth the money as i dont really see what difference a set of cam's would make to the 1.0 ecoboost should someone do them being it still runs the standard turbo, plus the mid range on the 165 conversion is quiet something as it is :thumbsup:
Should that read 40 :nice:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts