Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Mine MK2 is averaging 20-21MPG and thats not giving it some TBH :eek:

Ive just filled up now put £30.00 of 99 momentum says 150 in the range - be lucky to see 90 miles if that

Im going to get the map checked I think..... as should be easy averaging 26/28 with the odd blast!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
My mpg says 26 ish on revo 4+ but it's the bigger Injectors that throw the calculations out like Mark RS said, I average between 200/230 miles per full tank

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I went down to Milton Keynes to see a mate a few years back stuck to 65 / 70 all the way down and got 40 mpg, was well chuffed with that. Never seen that sort of mpg again though :lol:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it hasn't got bigger injectors. It's standard apart from the cat back. I was early for an appointment so was deliberately taking my time. It's down to 34 now. Usually knocking about its low to mid 20's.

It's just interesting cos I used to have conversations about mpg with my ST. Some got well over 300 miles to a tank and reached averages like above but I could barely reach 30 mpg

·
Registered
819 Posts
No it hasn't got bigger injectors. It's standard apart from the cat back. I was early for an appointment so was deliberately taking my time. It's down to 34 now. Usually knocking about its low to mid 20's.

It's just interesting cos I used to have conversations about mpg with my ST. Some got well over 300 miles to a tank and reached averages like above but I could barely reach 30 mpg
I think driving styles has a LOT to do with it.

I will sit at 30 in 6th gear in the RS, just tickling the throttle as required.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
will I agree with you re smiles per gallon :)

I have spoken to x2 different owners
both running different maps - both over 400/400 and both averaging 26-27 around town - 30+ on a good run.

Im running 19-20 around town and 23 on a run.

I will report back with my finding within the next few weeks as it could be anything!!

·
Registered
2009 mk2 Ford Focus RS
2,570 Posts
I am actually shocked I have made 29.1 mpg on an airport run. It is the best I have got since owning the car from new. I cannot recall ever getting that high. I think the best I ever got before was near 27 mpg. I noticed even before that I was near 27mpg normal driving with Costco Super. Normally with the Bluefin (superchips) map, I normally get around 22-23mpg with Tesco Momentum. When I revert back to standard settings I get around 23-25 mpg.
I have recently started using Costco Super Unleaded and wonder who supplies this, I thought it was meant to be the same as Momentum, but seems as though it gives more mpg.
Has anyone noticed better mpg from Costco?

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer White Light

·
Registered
274 Posts
I see mid 30's on a proper steady run, probably mid to high 20's as an average. There are other factors at play too - wind resistance can have a noticeable effect. If you've a strong tail wind it will make a noticeable difference in the same way as slipstreaming another vehicle. I was experimenting when commuting up the M1 in the roadworks at 50mph in my diesel BMW whilst following an HGV and got my mpg into the 90's over a 20 mile period just by staying in it's slipstream

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
As long as my projected distance to empty in the RS starts with the number 3, that's all I care about... 😂 In my wife's X-trail, it's a different story, that's where it becomes my mission to make every drop of fuel count and get the highest mpg possible! 😄😎

·
Registered
990 Posts
My 750 injectors are fooling my trip computer as I see 43 mpg 😂 it makes me feel better being lied too even if it’s probably 20s I’m actually getting. I went to demon Performance Centre last week and from Northamptonshire to Cheshire I used a quarter of a tank. That’s with my speed limiter missus in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
34mpg longer journeys local driving 27+mpg. Check mileage and amount of petrol added and its more or less spot on with the average mpg on the trip computer. Remember that our tank is 13.65 gallons or 62litres Trip is based on the ST tank so 55litres which means that there is always more in tank being 7litres or 1.5gallons when showing empty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts