Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Waaait...Mountune = UK = using PS...then why the heck are you guys always using bhp? :laughing:
You brits are so weird :bleh:
Not quite :lol:
Scottish lad invented a measurement in HP , ( not the sauce but British/Break horse power :bleh: )
PS (Pferdestärke) measurement was invented in Germany .
No idea why Mountune is using PS.

·
previously GrahamS
1,113 Posts
Not quite :lol:
Scottish lad invented a measurement in HP , ( not the sauce but British/Break horse power :bleh: )
PS (Pferdestärke) measurement was invented in Germany .
No idea why Mountune is using PS.
Probably because like for like a figure in PS is higher than the same power expressed in BHP

And people in Britain see the numbers and assume it's BHP, making the package seem more attractive than it already is thus generating more interest

That's one explanation but not necessarily the correct one :whistle:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably because like for like a figure in PS is higher than the same power expressed in BHP

Is that why we dont quote whp?
And people in Britain see the numbers and assume it's BHP, making the package seem more attractive than it already is thus generating more interest

Who's gonna explain rwhp?

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,511 Posts
It's the European connection mate ford of Britain/Europe, we use ps on all our engines Easier for the foreigners haha
No offence any one just to put that across lmao

PS tends to be the European measure for engine power, especially as all EU Fords are homologated through a German Authority, TÜV i think

·
Registered
152 Posts
500ml is plenty...assuming it don't have half of that as froth like most of europe :facepalm:
This bought back a memory that made me chuckle

Was in a pub once with my old boss, he was an ex CEGB Charge Engineer..Proper Old Skool, victor meldrew type.

He ordered a lager which turned up on the bar not quite filled to the brim. He asked the bar man if he could fit a shot of whiskey in there, barman replied of course. To which my boss quickly snapped...well fill it up with f#%*ing beer then.

Didnt know where to look

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.