Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are we thinking guys, 375ps ???

I will be straight in for the MP package @ HQ but thats as far as I'm going this time.

·
Forum midget
3,953 Posts
Thats what I've told the missus anyway :laughing:
Rico has intimated he already knows but is being all top secret.

Are you in for the Mk3 Stu ?
If I still had the Mk2, then I'm 90% sure I'd have my name down for the 1st wave but think I will sit on the fence for now and make my mind up over Xmas

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
[quote name="BryRS" post="3235961" timestamp="1442693839"]
Thats what I've told the missus anyway :laughing:

I've told her the same, trouble is I've done it multiple times ( before each further upgrade!) and for some strange reason she doesn't believe me anymore :laughing:

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
I'd like the MP package to come a little after the release of the car and not straight away when they come out... just so each stage of the car can be enjoyed if you know when I mean :nice: because when a mountune package is released I just can't wait to have it :lol:

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
I think you are safe there :lol:
I can see it now... all the delayed deliveries and phonecall after phonecall asking where the car is. Then after that drama is over, Mountune will announce their MP package... and the drama and phonecalls start all over again :lol:

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
I know nothing more than anyone else .

And that's Nothing about the car above what anyone else knows really

It's a difficult place to be if I do know then im only ever going to know a little ,that then is given with certain instruction on what to say and when

So this is me being totally honest I don't know anything yet :grin:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I know nothing more than anyone else .
And that's Nothing about the car above what anyone else knows really
It's a difficult place to be if I do know then im only ever going to know a little ,that then is given with certain instruction on what to say and when
So this is me being totally honest I don't know anything yet :grin:
You should be a politician with a statement like that mate

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
What would be useful is when or if people know something that they can't tell any one that they don't tell anyone that they know of something they can't tell (if that makes sense). And then we won't have the nudge nudge wink wink type topics that the Mk2 threads were full of in respect of Mountune stuff.

The knowing but not being able to tell seemed to have more discussion around it than the actual thing that couldn't be discussed :grin:

Just saying, and all IMO etc.....

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
A little off topic. But I do wonder how the differentials and clutch packs will handle the upgrade in power? Or is this just me thinking silly? Obviously the torque is what will kill them.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
A little off topic. But I do wonder how the differentials and clutch packs will handle the upgrade in power? Or is this just me thinking silly? Obviously the torque is what will kill them.
Something for all tuners to consider of course Grey :yep: but good point.
So what are we thinking guys, 375ps ???
I will be straight in for the MP package @ HQ but thats as far as I'm going this time.
I swore I wouldn't modify my Mk2 but went to MR375 via the MP350 first. I've learnt now to never say never :lol:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

I swore I wouldn't modify my Mk2 but went to MR375 via the MP350 first. I've learnt now to never say never :lol:

You should find it will handle the extra power that Mountune will give it on the 1st upgrade. If/when the 2nd upgrade comes along I'd imagine the clutch will be one of the 1st things needing to be upgraded.

For me I will get the Mountune package (as long as it's an MP so it doesn't effect warranty) as like the previous upgrades they have proven to be well balanced upgrade making them a pleasure to drive

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I will go custard this time round but ill sit outside in the cold at hq waiting rather than enter that room of doom again cost me thousands last time :laughing:
Know the feeling well Jas.

Scott knew I was interested in the Ultra's and he admitted to deliberately getting them on the ROD stand before I arrived to have the brakes and manifold fitted.

It worked but it's also a good place to discuss discounts :nice:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Know the feeling well Jas.

Scott knew I was interested in the Ultra's and he admitted to deliberately getting them on the ROD stand before I arrived to have the brakes and manifold fitted.

It worked but it's also a good place to discuss discounts :nice:
Strange that it was scott there when i went in for the clubsport suspension fitting and i also left with ultras on :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts